Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Ryanair CEO Does #IceBucketChallenge, Nominates Fellow European Airline CEOs

Old Aug 21, 14, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

Nearly 2 dozen different Ryanair employees hit Michael O'Leary with icy cold water a total of 14 times. It was all for a good cause, the airline raised 10,000 for Jack & Jill Children's Foundation which assists the families of children with brain damage.

Before getting soaked, Mr. O'Leary challenged 3 fellow European airline CEOs to take the challenge next.

"I nominate Willy Walshe of IAG, Alexandre De Juniac of Air France and Carsten Spohr of Lufthansa. You can't match our fares. You can't even freeze your fares. The least you can do is freeze your nuts."
http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish...ir-ceo-4084151

Old Aug 21, 14, 3:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR
I'm just waiting for the first sane CEO out there to go "No." and just hand over some money instead.

Stupid <expletive> fads.
Old Aug 24, 14, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup View Post
I'm just waiting for the first sane CEO out there to go "No." and just hand over some money instead.

Stupid <expletive> fads.
Thought the ice water was the forfeit, so that if you do hand over the cash - like a certain ex-Star Fleet captain - you don't get soaked (well except internally with whisky)
Old Aug 30, 14, 10:28 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
He is absolutely right. The point of his challenge is to direct attention at Mrs. Walsh, de Juniac and Spohr. They of course will not do this voluntarily. So far so good. However they are not likely even to hand over the money without the shower. So predictable and so bad. Another adroit move by the King Leprechaun, he is much too agile for the other airline suits.
Old Sep 3, 14, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA
Fair dues to O'Leary, he does like to keep the competition on it's toes!

Plus this did give me a bit of a chuckle

Search this Thread
Search Engine: