Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

4 hours delay on vueling. Am I eligible for compensation?

4 hours delay on vueling. Am I eligible for compensation?

Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by brownvixen
Hi, can anyone share the email addresses that they used to contact VUELING AND IBERIA.
[email protected]
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:26 am

thanks
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:13 am

Brown Vixen, I'd use this form to speed things up, they took action for me which I'm sure resulted in my compensation finally being paid - https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/la...o/default.aspx It's not a quick process, several months but I was paid in full at the end of it. Good luck.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:40 am
Suspended

Can someone advise if they know it is possible to pursue this airline via the UK Small Claims Circuit? Anyone tried, or had success this way?

I believe you can take on an airline at their UK port of departure/arrival. The same can be done when taking on Iberia in the UK.

Basically, the address used for Iberia was
Iberia, Líneas Aéreas de Espańa, Sociedad Anónima Operadora
Waterside (HAA2)
PO Box 365
Harmondsworth
UB7 0GB

Which is basically where IAG reside, who own Vueling, BA, etc.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 10, 2019 at 6:34 am Reason: Rule 16
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:14 am
Suspended

Anybody?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by applebum32
Can someone advise if they know it is possible to pursue this airline via the UK Small Claims Circuit? Anyone tried, or had success this way?

I believe you can take on an airline at their UK port of departure/arrival. The same can be done when taking on Iberia in the UK.

Basically, the address used for Iberia was
Iberia, Líneas Aéreas de Espańa, Sociedad Anónima Operadora
Waterside (HAA2)
PO Box 365
Harmondsworth
UB7 0GB

Which is basically where IAG reside, who own Vueling, BA, etc.
I've not done it but I believe Silver Fox is suing United Airlines in the UK.

The EU's advice is here:

"For flights between EU countries (operated by one airline), you can submit your claim either at the place of arrival or departure. You may also bring the matter before the courts in the country where the airline is registered."

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...m#apr-problems click "Claim Your Rights!"

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 10, 2019 at 6:34 am Reason: Amend quote per rule 16
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Thanks for your response.

i am really trying to find out if I can serve Vueling in the UK - at their address - which I guess would be Heathrow Airport?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by applebum32
Thanks for your response.

i am really trying to find out if I can serve Vueling in the UK - at their address - which I guess would be Heathrow Airport?
Not necessarily.

If you are located in the UK (have a UK address) and this is a simple monetary claim, why not go through MCOL. All the forms are available online and the process is simplified for you. If it does not work out, it is referred to small claims, but you do not have to deal with the mechanics.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
Not necessarily.

If you are located in the UK (have a UK address) and this is a simple monetary claim, why not go through MCOL. All the forms are available online and the process is simplified for you. If it does not work out, it is referred to small claims, but you do not have to deal with the mechanics.
I'd like to do this, but I do not know what address to use to take on Vueling.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Not necessarily.

If Vueling have no service address in the UK (and even if they do) it may be more appropriate to use the European Small Claims Procedure (ESCP).
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:18 am
Suspended

I am a bit confused.

This thread here suggests that Iberia, despite having no service address in the UK (on Companies House website), can be served at Heathrow, or their address at Heathrow.

Address for Iberia in the UK

Does that not mean the claim proceeds via the Small Claims Circuit in the UK?

Further, if the above is answered yes, then can I serve Vueling at their Heathrow office?

Last edited by applebum32; Oct 3, 2019 at 9:42 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:14 am
Suspended

Anyone?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:37 am

I think the thread you linked too has way more info than anyone else on FT.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by threeoh
I think the thread you linked too has way more info than anyone else on FT.
It does have loads of info, but I have specific questions about Vueling.

Last edited by applebum32; Oct 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.