Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying from Cali to Iceland -> europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Whats the best recommended/most affordable way to get from LA area to iceland to main continent between august 18-27?

I was thinking low cost carrier to Boston, fly from there to Iceland (stay for ~3 days) then head to AMS? I need to drop off all sorts of luggage in Netherlands to continue travels through Europe so id like to fly from KEF to either AMS or some german city.

Thank you

Last edited by ragerforever; Jun 6, 2014 at 11:01 pm
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cali is in Columbia.

Your best bet is to search on Kayak.com
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

california
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by ragerforever
Hi all,

Whats the best recommended/most affordable way to get from LA area to iceland to main continent between august 18-27?

I was thinking low cost carrier to Boston, fly from there to Iceland (stay for ~3 days) then head to AMS? I need to drop off all sorts of luggage in Netherlands to continue travels through Europe so id like to fly from KEF to either AMS or some german city.

Thank you
You should fly to Denver on Southwest and then transfer to Iceland Air.
You can get a pretty inexpensive flight from LAX to Denver. Just remember to leave plenty of time to retrieve your luggage in Denver. Recheck in at Iceland Air and then go back through security.

From KEF you have multiple options to the Continent. LHR, FRA, CPH and others.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Check your bags straight through

Icelandair interlines with Alaska and jetBlue so I'd suggest Seattle or JFK or BOS....
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.