Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Any experiences on Air Serbia?[merged]

Any experiences on Air Serbia?[merged]

Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:32 pm

Does anybody have any experience on how is seat selection during online checkin?
Their website mentions:
"Seat selection is available during online check-in. Depending on your fare type, seat choice will either be free of charge or subject to a fee. For more information on our seat rates please click here. In case you do not choose a preferred seat, our Online Check-In platform will automatically assign you a random seat for your journey. You can also select your seat through one of the following channels: Manage my booking (only for bookings made through our website), by your travel agent, Air Serbia Contact Centre and any of Air Serbia retail shops."

"Assigned seats cannot be changed either through Web Check-In or by our Sales Agents at the Contact Centre/Retail shops. Please note that you will also not be able to change the assigned seat at the baggage drop off counter. If you would like to pre-reserve your preferred seat, please do so up to 48hrs prior to your flights departure."

Also, any idea why the pricing is like this:
rows till 7 --> 8.50 euro
rows 8-10 --> 4.50
rows 11 (exit) --> 12.5
rows 12-15 --> 7.5
rows 16-end --> 5.5

practically, why is cheaper to seat in row 8 compared to 20?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 5:24 am

I am replying to myself Random seating gives you a random seat. You can still change it afterwards by paying to move to another seat (which is not what the website states).
I also have a theory that they assign seats front to back, windows first or sth like that.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I am replying to myself Random seating gives you a random seat. You can still change it afterwards by paying to move to another seat (which is not what the website states).
I also have a theory that they assign seats front to back, windows first or sth like that.
It sounds like you were on an Economy Light type fare, my first experience with not being able to select a seat free at check-in was probably Wizz, but I figured that was coming, it was a surprise when BA did it to me.

That said, (and thanks for the heads up there) how militant were they with the hand baggage? On my outbound trip to europe I weighed my carry on and it was like 10.5kg, I can easily drop it a little bit by wearing my jeans rather than packing them and I'm flying from Tirana to Belgrade, so I think it might be a bit more relaxed there. But I'm looking at also buying a flight from BEG to FRA a couple days later and I don't wanna do it if I'm gonna get stiffed with some bag charge, my backpack is probably a little on the big side as well, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to jockey stuff around. The alternative is spending like an extra $50 up front and buying a LH fare and using my star gold status to have no worries about that.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
So just as a future aid to anyone looking for the same advice...

TIA-BEG on an ATR 72...my bag was weighed at check-in, I was over the 8kg, IIRC it weighed in at 9.2kg. Agent said absolutely nothing. Tagged my bag as gate delivery as the ATR has limited overhead space, told me to leave it at the stairs of the aircraft and grab it in Belgrade at the stairs. No charge, no issues.

BEG-FRA on a 319...I checked in online, left my gate delivery tag on...just in case, keeping up appearances you know...never went to check-in as i had my BP in passbook. Walked up to the gate, went through no issues. I did get a couple extra looks from the woman checking passports directly at my bag, but she never said anything and there were no scales around even if she had. I suspect I would've fit in the sizer just fine with my roll aboard, but there's no way my backpack would've as it was def over 4kg and kinda bulgy.

So, TL DR; no issues, I would bank on the same experience in the future as long as the bag is of a sensible size and try to avoid going to the check-in, because from what I saw in BEG there's no scales at the gates. Perfectly good experience on both flights, but the ATR JU was flying REALLY showed it's age...whereas the last one I flew with Air Swift in the Philippines looked basically brand new.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 3:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
JU covid19 policy:

Please note that the JU policy for voluntary re-bookings due to COVID-19 will be amended as follows:

In the event of a voluntary rebooking due to COVID-19, passengers will be entitled to change the dates of their journey without penalty for rebooking, provided that the journey is completed before 31DEC20. A one-time change is permitted without penalties for rebooking. If the initially paid tariff is not available, then:
  • additional payment will be charged at the tariff and fees if the new date of the passenger’s trip is planned between 15.06.2020 and 08.31.2020 inclusive.
  • no additional charge will be charged at the rate if the passenger's new travel date is scheduled for / after 09/01/2020.
  • Tariff reduction (downgrading) is not allowed.
If the passenger does not currently know the new flight date, then the initial route can be canceled, and the following remark must be made in the reservation:

Reservation is canceled before the original date of travel due to COVID-19.

A new ticket will be issued subsequently. The passenger must be warned that he must keep the number of the original ticket.

The above-mentioned voluntary exchanges in connection with COVID-19 can be carried out only at the airline’s own sales points or through the airline’s contact center ( [email protected] ).

For canceled flights, there remains the possibility of compulsory re-issuance of tickets with new travel dates until 12/31/2020.

Due to force majeure circumstances, Air SERBIA assumes no obligation to provide hotel accommodation or compensation.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I booked an AY codeshare on JU (BEG-VIE) The JU app cannot recognize either the PNR nor the ticket number (105- AY stock)

How can I make them recognize the booking? I need it for seat selection, OLCI, etc

EDIT: I finally got the JU PNR (Sabre?) from AY. The JU app still didn't recognize it, but the website did, so OLCI, etc worked well. My selected exit seat was supposed to cost 900+ dinars, but they never actually asked for payment ^

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Feb 10, 2022 at 10:07 am
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Appeal to the collective wisdom here, do you think that a Russian national would be able to fly with Air Serbia and transfer in Belgrade without any problems? This is assuming that all paperwork is in order for the destination country. For example, with a Schengen visa you have to fly directly without any transfers to the country that issued the visa, because any transfers would imply entering Schengen at the transfer point.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the end points of the journey ?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Sorry, should have mentioned that, can't believe I didn't. The start point would be Istanbul, the destination Milan.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Concerto
Appeal to the collective wisdom here, do you think that a Russian national would be able to fly with Air Serbia and transfer in Belgrade without any problems? This is assuming that all paperwork is in order for the destination country. For example, with a Schengen visa you have to fly directly without any transfers to the country that issued the visa, because any transfers would imply entering Schengen at the transfer point.
No issues. Just like on any other carriers provided the passports are valid and entry paperwork is in order. There are no restrictions on carrying Russian citizens if they have the right paperwork just like any other nationality.

The bit about having to enter Schengen in the country where the visa was issued is a common myth.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.