Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic flybe flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC bronze, BA amex +
Domestic flybe flight

Evening, im flying next week to newquay on flybe on there hand baggage only fare, just wondered if i can take liquids over 100ml in my hand luggage or do same rules apply as longhaul (under 100ml).
Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS
Originally Posted by Rogerrobberts
Evening, im flying next week to newquay on flybe on there hand baggage only fare, just wondered if i can take liquids over 100ml in my hand luggage or do same rules apply as longhaul (under 100ml).
Thanks
I'm open to correction but I think the same rules will apply. I flew FlyBe in Jan and although it it wasn't a scheduled flight (chartered by an oil company) it was the airport that took my shower gel away
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks
Same rules Domestic as International I am afraid.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Same liquid rules,
It will be LGW south terminal security that will nab anything your not allowed.

Think that flybe will still be using the EMB195 on the NQY-LGW shuttle instead of the DH8 so you should have a nice flight.

Let me know if I can help you with any info.

cs
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Btw cornishsimon are flybe strict on size off handbaggage size or are thry similar to ba by not paying much attention unless its overly big.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks guys. Btw cornishsimon are flybe strict on size off handbaggage size or are thry similar to ba by not paying much attention unless its overly big.
I am not CS, but I know about Flybe. At LGW they aren't too strict, but at some other places they certainly are. However some of their aircraft have very restricted overhead luggage space (particularly over the wings) so if it can't easily go under the seat in front of you then you may have problems. Flybe are stricter than BA, but not as strict as Easyjet, depending on location.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks alot C-W-S
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
NQY will make you fit your bag into the carry on bin thingy and won't allow larger onboard, it was certainly being enforced when I was at NQY last week, but I wasn't flying.

cs
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Punting the topic over to the Budget European Airlines forum for further discussion.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks
The liquids rules are set by the DfT, and are not airline or route specific.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Genius1
The liquids rules are set by the DfT, and are not airline or route specific.
It's not a completely stupid question though as in Australia, Japan, and some other countries, domestic flights don't have the liquid nonsense.

FlyMayBe doesn't benefit from anything like this, of course.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Currently at gatwick south, flight cancelled. Re booked for 4:30pm which is not good enough as have something to attend at midday. What are my rights?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you mean something to the effect of "can I make my own arrangements and charge them to FlyMayBe", the answer is "probably not".

In the interim you have the right to refreshments proportionate to the length of the delay, and to two phone calls of reasonable length (or fax, email, or telex messages if you prefer), at the expense of FlyMayBe. You have the right to choose not to fly and receive a full refund of unused flights on the booking.

Depending on the reason for the cancellation you may also be entitled to compensation of €250.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:03 am
Original Poster

The reason is due to fog. I have chosen to drive instead
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As it's due to fog, you won't be entitled to compensation, but you are entitled to a refund of the cost of your flights and any unused flights on the same booking. This includes all administration fees, credit card surcharges, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.