FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TAP does not accept upgrade request (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/1548073-tap-does-not-accept-upgrade-request.html)

3fkta Feb 3, 2014 4:47 am

TAP does not accept upgrade request

hi all
wanted to tell you about my recent exp with trying to upgrade Y fare on tap with us miles.. route MIA-LIS-MIA.. seats available on both legs and upgrade inventory was available at time of request both legs.. as the departure got closer tap continued not to confirm upgrade and kept blaming US.. on day of departure J still had 1 seat open... return, same thing J 2 seats not filled.. speaking to tap reps in New York was a complete waste of time ..my suggestion is train your employees in all areas of the business...the answer i have finally been given is they will only upgrade victoria... lesson learned... so long TAP.. US/AA starts direct in may and then i will find other options... prefer to spend dollars elsewhere..

GBM.flights Feb 3, 2014 7:51 am

When you mention Y fare, you mean as an economy fare in general or Y fare bucket in concrete?
As you reference TP blaming US you were trying to upgrade with US miles, and the only way that is possible is with a B or Y fare.

tff has posted here some good advice on getting some form of customer service (which most will agree is lacking at best) from TP which is engage them via Facebook.

3fkta Feb 3, 2014 9:16 am

gbm..thanks for heads up and it was us miles and we bought the classic fare which is Y and upgradeable...that much we were able to do which makes me angrier that i paid up for the ticket..

GBM.flights Feb 3, 2014 11:06 am

I feel for you 3fkta. Paying for a higher fare with the intention of an upgrade and not getting it sucks.

Originally Posted by 3fkta (Post 22276872)
[...]we bought the classic fare which is Y and upgradeable [...]

However TP Classic fares are not upgradeable under the Star Alliance upgrade with Dividend Miles.
TP Classic are "mid" economy fares. See another post of tff with matching TP product with respective buckets
Y, B fares which should be the upgradeable fares are TP Plus.

TP Classic are upgradeable under TP Victoria and therefore the message you got from TP.

And since you were using US Dividend Miles the upgrade was not up to the TP reps to process or deny.
From the link of my previous post:

Upgrades can be requested online at usairways.com only. Upgrades are valid only on participating Star Alliance carriers. Codeshare flights not eligible. Star Alliance upgrades can be requested when flying in B, C, D, or Y classes.

3fkta Feb 4, 2014 8:42 am

wow.. now i know who the real problem is in all this and it isnt tap or us air.. thank you thank you

GBM.flights Feb 4, 2014 9:49 am

^ well done! It takes guts to write that.

warakorn Feb 5, 2014 7:12 am

gbm..thanks for heads up and it was us miles and we bought the classic fare which is Y and upgradeable.
Someone here is really knowledgable.