Search

TAP Portugal A332

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2008, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
TAP Portugal A332

Hi-

I'm going to Portugal next month on TAP, flying on an A330-200 from EWR-LIS in Y. Just a few questions.

1. Any idea what kind of IFE there is? Any in-seat power?
2. What kind of food is served? Is it a dinner and then a breakfast?
3. Is the maximum weight for carry-on bags enforced (the website says it's 13 pounds which seems pretty low).

Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:32 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by amejr999
Hi-

I'm going to Portugal next month on TAP, flying on an A330-200 from EWR-LIS in Y. Just a few questions.

1. Any idea what kind of IFE there is? Any in-seat power?
2. What kind of food is served? Is it a dinner and then a breakfast?
3. Is the maximum weight for carry-on bags enforced (the website says it's 13 pounds which seems pretty low).

Thanks a lot!
A quick reply:

1. If it is an A332, they are all fitted with PTVs. The most modern ones (CS-TOL, -TOM, -TON, -TOO and -TOP) have a fantastic IFE system, with AVOD and 20 movies (among other features). The others just have regular PTVs, 5 or 6 movies and no AVOD. No in-seat power, though; not even emPower.

2. Yes: dinner (appetizer or salad, entree and desert) upon departure with free beverages (including alcoholic ones); and breakfast just before arrival (generally a sandwich and pastries).

3. In my experience, no.

Enjoy your flight and especially your trip to Lisbon!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat
Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Any upgrades?

What are TAP upgrade possibilities? We are thinking of taking TAP flight from LIS to MPM. My wife and I are both 1K on United and I am a Chairmans on USAirways. We were hoping to either buy a ticket and upgrade (preferably) or use our miles to get a Biz class seat from LIS to MPM.

Anyone who can shet a light on this matter?

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Am flying this aircraft Rio-Oporto in C in April. Any hints on which seat to take in business?
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Do you know if they have fuel surcharge on their awards?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K;
I am flying LIS-EWR...but it is listed as a 343. Is this correct or do they fly both 340s and 330s?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by grayland
I am flying LIS-EWR...but it is listed as a 343. Is this correct or do they fly both 340s and 330s?
TAP has 4 A340s. They are older than the A330s.
In Economy, there is no personal screen (but good legroom).
In Business, the IFE is a bit outdated. And I don’t know what the seat on the A330s is like, but I’m not impressed by their A340 business class seat. (Good enough for a day flight, but I avoid them for night flights.)
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:51 pm
tff

Originally Posted by klakhav
What are TAP upgrade possibilities? We are thinking of taking TAP flight from LIS to MPM. My wife and I are both 1K on United and I am a Chairmans on USAirways. We were hoping to either buy a ticket and upgrade (preferably) or use our miles to get a Biz class seat from LIS to MPM.

Anyone who can shet a light on this matter?

Thanks
The LIS-MPM route is usually heavy on business travel and therefore I'd say that the chances of being able to buy an upgrade with miles are not the best within TP's network. Still, if you don't fly around traditional Portuguese holiday periods (Xmas, Carnaval, Easter or summer holidays), your chances might increase. I did some random searches on KVS and in some dates it showed availability upon request, which might be a good sign for you.

Originally Posted by grayland
TP has been flying both 343s and 332s to EWR.

Originally Posted by Koby
TAP has 4 A340s. They are older than the A330s.
In Economy, there is no personal screen (but good legroom).
In Business, the IFE is a bit outdated. And I don’t know what the seat on the A330s is like, but I’m not impressed by their A340 business class seat. (Good enough for a day flight, but I avoid them for night flights.)
The IFE in the newly bought A332s is actually quite good.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:37 am

Sorry for the bump, but the IFE on CS-TOG is ancient. Just flew it from MIA-LIS in Biz. The service was nice, professional, but if you are seated in the last row, your chances of getting your choice of entrees is fair to poor.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:22 am
tff

Originally Posted by miamiair
Sorry for the bump, but the IFE on CS-TOG is ancient. Just flew it from MIA-LIS in Biz. The service was nice, professional, but if you are seated in the last row, your chances of getting your choice of entrees is fair to poor.
As I had mentioned before:

Originally Posted by tff
1. If it is an A332, they are all fitted with PTVs. The most modern ones (CS-TOL, -TOM, -TON, -TOO and -TOP) have a fantastic IFE system, with AVOD and 20 movies (among other features). The others just have regular PTVs, 5 or 6 movies and no AVOD. No in-seat power, though; not even emPower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.