Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 11:25 am
sfx

a couple of flights had issues, not too bad compared to other carries.
Old May 22, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Weird. I get why they picked BCN for geographic reasons to make use of the 787 range, but this will mean that they have to deploy a hub strategy and feed European traffic to BCN and then fly it out. This is totally contrary to their current intra-Europe strategy flying leisure tourists to BCN as an LCC.
BCN may make sense even if/when relying in substantial part on feed to/from elsewhere in Europe beyond BCN too. BCN makes more sense than just about anywhere else in Europe for a DY Latin American-focused and perhaps even African-focused focus city/hub of sort. Should get a fair amount of O&D traffic and may work well enough for passengers connecting to/from elsewhere in the Schengen Zone that DY services or plans to service.

That said, I'm a DY passenger only as a DY short-haul passenger until I see DY improve its long-haul service. It's short haul service is reasonable enough for some of my travel needs.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:26 pm

Ex LAX?

Anyone know how the LAX-CPH flights have been faring?
Old May 25, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: EBB
I'm flying CPH - FLL in just over a month and my girlfriend is flying LAX -> CPH late July. hopefully we'll try the new Dreamliner!
Old May 30, 2014, 1:14 pm

Flew LAX-ARN

Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Anyone know how the LAX-CPH flights have been faring?
I flew LAX-ARN in March (the 2nd flight ever for this Norwegian route) and was so impressed with Norwegian. We were slightly delayed (approx 20-30 min) but made up the time in the air. The dreamliner was incredible and the staff was excellent. Loved the experience.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:32 pm
sfx

Norway, the country where they use Tesla S for Oslo Taxis...
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Looks like today's OSL-OAK flight departed 8 hours late. Keeping an eye on this because I depart Oakland on Friday for Oslo. I was hoping they'd have things together by now. Clearly, not.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by WNHHTraveler
Looks like today's OSL-OAK flight departed 8 hours late. Keeping an eye on this because I depart Oakland on Friday for Oslo. I was hoping they'd have things together by now. Clearly, not.
Well, the flight from Stockholm flew right over my head as I was jogging in the Hayward Hills this evening at about 6:30, so that makes it more or less on time. Of course, that doesn't mean anything for Friday, but a good sign nonetheless.

Good luck,
Tim
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by sfx
Norway, the country where they use Tesla S for Oslo Taxis...
Norwegian's LAX-ARN doesn't seem very Norwegian. All FAs I saw, other than one, were either American or Thai.

Having said that, I really enjoyed their premium economy offering. Seemed like great value for money at ~$1300 r/t, and is the closest to business class I've ever been in.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:42 am
sfx

Originally Posted by ralphs
Norwegian's LAX-ARN doesn't seem very Norwegian. All FAs I saw, other than one, were either American or Thai.

Having said that, I really enjoyed their premium economy offering. Seemed like great value for money at ~$1300 r/t, and is the closest to business class I've ever been in.
Not sure on your point there. Sounds a tad racist to me.

26% of Oslo residents are immigrants.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats because their FAs are based in FLL and BKK @:-)
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There seems to be some more trouble in DYs Dreamliner paradise. Euroatlantic is now servicing some routes with CS-TFT (763 of 1994 vintage that has seen many parts of the world):

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/cs-tft/

CS-TFM (772) is still helping out DY.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Norwegian will have its own private witbier, brewed by the fabulous Mikkeller:

http://draftmag.com/beereditor/spott...in-the-desert/
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond

They don't by chance offer free drinks in Premium do they? I assume they do not, since it's not mentioned anywhere on their website. I guess I will find out tomorrow.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Norwegian will have its own private witbier, brewed by the fabulous Mikkeller:

http://draftmag.com/beereditor/spott...in-the-desert/
Norwegian as well?

Quote from the article you posted a link to:

"You may have read that Mikkeller beer will soon be available on Scandinavian Airlines (...) The beer’s a witbier, crafted specifically for the airline company."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.