Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet luggage charges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Easyjet luggage charges

Next week I'm flying Easyjet GLA-BFS on Tuesday and then BFS-LTN on Friday, these two flights are booked together on one booking reference. I would like to travel with hand luggage only on GLA-BFS and then I will be picking up a suitcase in Belfast to travel on to Luton.

If I try to book luggage now, I have to pay for luggage on both GLA-BFS and BFS-LTN, no obvious way to select luggage for just one leg. If I left it to say, next Wednesday, between the two flights, will easyjet.com allow me to just pay £9 for the BFS-LTN luggage?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: IB+ PriorityClub AMEX-MR
Similar question regarding one-way luggage with Easyjet

I have a very similar question. In my case I have a return flight coming up but only want to check in luggage on the outbound flight. Is there any way of doing this without paying the fees for both legs?

I'd also be interested in the answer to the original poster's question as that might help me with a future flight i have planned.

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You might get a better response in the Budget Travel forum. EasyJet doesn't have a frequent flyer program, so it probably doesn't belong here.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:16 pm

I suspect you'll be the one who'll be able to tell us. The worst case (ahem) is that you'll have to do it at the airport at the full cost
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
its 8 pound if you book at the time of booking, 14 pound if you add it online later and I think 40 pounds at the aiport
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mayodave
its 8 pound if you book at the time of booking, 14 pound if you add it online later and I think 40 pounds at the aiport
is that £14 plus card fee (or whatever they've decided to call it now), or is it all in?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by BHDBOY
If I try to book luggage now, I have to pay for luggage on both GLA-BFS and BFS-LTN, no obvious way to select luggage for just one leg. If I left it to say, Wednesday, between the two flights, will easyjet.com allow me to just pay £9 for the BFS-LTN luggage?
ISTR that is the only way to do it.

Neil
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Accor Le Club
Would it be possible to call them to add the luggage for only one of the segments? It might be more expensive because you're doing it by phone instead of online, but it could still turn out cheaper overall.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I called them and did it for my dad a couple of weeks ago they were quick to answer and very helpful
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

For everyone's reference, I have been able to add a piece of luggage on BFS-LTN for £9 without problems. Incedentally, I was bumped from GLA-BFS due to an oversell situation (apparently aircraft for GLA-BFS was derated due to a technical problem to 90'odd passengers), however I was able to secure a seat on the Flybe BHD service (which departed within 5 mins of my EZY service) for under £60, which the EZY €250 compensation will more than cover.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:05 am

For everyone's reference, I have been able to add a piece of luggage on BFS-LTN for £9 without problems.
By phone?

Neil
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pacer142
By phone?

Neil
No, online at easyjet.com through "My Easyjet"
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:32 am

No, online at easyjet.com through "My Easyjet"
After outbound departure?

Neil
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pacer142
After outbound departure?

Neil
Yes, after GLA-BFS (although in the end I didn't fly that leg with EZY- see above) but before BFS-LTN
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:36 am

Yes, after GLA-BFS (although in the end I didn't fly that leg with EZY- see above) but before BFS-LTN
Cheers.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.