Search

Ryanair is the WORST!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: co, ba, marriot, national, avis, spg
Originally Posted by will2288
^

I wonder if this exists:

If I managed a shop right next to their check-in areas, I would have a big sign offering to print boarding passes for a few Euros. Make some money for the shop, help sell other items and not have every customer hate my company.
That is a pretty good idea, although knowing O'Leary he would probably force the airport to close you down.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:32 pm

€60 per person to print a boarding pass.

Is this capped at all? I wonder how many times a day a family of four forgets and is forced to pay €240 for four sheets of paper. Everyone makes mistakes, I would feel really bad for anybody forced into that situation.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
^

I wonder if this exists:

If I managed a shop right next to their check-in areas, I would have a big sign offering to print boarding passes for a few Euros. Make some money for the shop, help sell other items and not have every customer hate my company.
Ryanair have thought of that, you have to check in online a minimum of 4 hours before your flight. A friend of mine was stung by this a couple of years ago. Went to check in online 3 hours before the flight and it's not available. Had to pay £60 at the airport.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by erik123
I would assume so - many airlines do. Why not draft a short letter - include invoice - and request reimbursement. Indicate you would like to receive copy of your call with agent.
I heard that they will sell you a duplicate recording of your call for 130!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Just why do the regulatory agencies let Ryanair get by with this sort of robbery?

Seriously, hasn't someone in the government seen them as a target for a very popular regulatory law regarding outrageous fees?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by circusboy
Ryanair have thought of that, you have to check in online a minimum of 4 hours before your flight. A friend of mine was stung by this a couple of years ago. Went to check in online 3 hours before the flight and it's not available. Had to pay £60 at the airport.
Can you reprint a pass by yourself? This idea would at least allow people who lost their pass to reprint one without outrageous cost.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you can print it, you can reprint it. Just make sure that you save a copy digitally when printing (ie: Print to pdf first), and then you can always re-print the pdf. This is also especially useful in case you want to do retro-credit of miles (obviously not the case with Ryanair though), as you dont have to keep printed (used) boarding passes around. Just re-print the PDF again when you want to make a claim.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by circusboy
Well, to be fair, online checkin opens 15 days before the flight.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Can you reprint a pass by yourself? This idea would at least allow people who lost their pass to reprint one without outrageous cost.
This could be the issue with, the OP may have been told to save it to .pdf to print later, as within 4 hours of the flight you cannot actually check in. On the other hand it could well just be another ploy to get more money off people.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
The OPs first mistake was to fly Ryanair. It'll be a cold day in hell before I set foot on anything O'liary has anything to do with.

As for the OP, if you paid by credit card, you can dispute the charge with them if you get nowhere with Ryanair.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Disputing a charge which is clearly disclosed (and the carrier can demonstrate was clearly disclosed) isn't going to get OP anywhere.

In the end, this is a business model which is highly profitable and works very well. There are a vast # of people quite willing to endure silly rules to get a great price. There are others who simply won't do it.

The only way to really impact outfits such as RyanAir is for customers to vote with their feet. But, that is quite clearly not happening.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

^

I wonder if this exists:

Haha, yeah I thought of the SAME thing, but the rules are on their site so most people do have their boarding passes printed out. Even some of us with them on their phones!

I did draft a letter and fax it to them, so hopefully they will refund it.

I tell you, if I don't get a refund, I will pay more for an other airline. There is no way I will fly them again.

I think they do record their conversations, which I pointed out in my letter. Let's see what happens.

Thanks guys, for all the support!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
What do you expect from an airline, that is thinking to charge their costomers for using the rest-rooms on board or their airplanes? Except for breathing air in their airplanes, Ryanair charges you for everything else (very heavily). Im am already waiting until Ryanair starts to do that as well ...
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You might not like their practices, but it's not that they don't inform you about them. So nothing illegal going on.

And although some of the charges are ridiculous that can also be said of the cancellation fees and other charges for changes with other carriers. If you know about it before booking you can decide for yourself.

And even I, who has never flow with Ryan Air and has no intention to, know about the charges when you don't have a printed boarding pass of your luggage is over the weight/size limit....

Bad advice was given but the challenge will be proving that.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck
What do you expect from an airline, that is thinking to charge their costomers for using the rest-rooms on board or their airplanes? Except for breathing air in their airplanes, Ryanair charges you for everything else (very heavily). Im am already waiting until Ryanair starts to do that as well ...
Oh, but they already do. If the oxygen masks are deployed, you need to deposit a €2 or £2 coin, or swipe a credit card, to start the flow of oxygen.

(!!! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.