Wiki Posts
Search

FlyBE Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
FlyBE Lounge

Has anyone noticed the list of FlyBE lounges available been dwindling down in the last few months? I know they aren't the best things in the world with a mini-fridge full of Stella and no guest policy.

- Exeter has been turned into a purchase lounge and removed for FlyBE Premier holders.

- Newcastle has vanished with no replacement.

I do like Edinburgh and Glasgow since they aren't Priority Pass and are located right next to the gates (usually). These are the only two that made me renew this season.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:02 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
Flybe/MAN

Flybe now shares its T3 lounge at MAN with AF and KL
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Tel
Flybe now shares its T3 lounge at MAN with AF and KL
Also significantly improved, now with a choice of poor quality wine, some spirits and an extended range of snacks plus a better range of magazines and newspapers.

Is that just a MAN thing or are they improving elsewhere? Haven't been in any of the others (except INV, and that doesn't count as it's a Servisair lounge) for a few weeks.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NSFU
Also significantly improved, now with a choice of poor quality wine, some spirits and an extended range of snacks plus a better range of magazines and newspapers.

Is that just a MAN thing or are they improving elsewhere? Haven't been in any of the others (except INV, and that doesn't count as it's a Servisair lounge) for a few weeks.
Nothing new/no spirits in BHX apart from the staff now sticking "do not remove" on every newspaper and magazine available including Business Traveller UK.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
The other reason to renew is to get access to the fast-track lane at MAN security. That can save a good 40 minutes on a Friday, now that the Ryanair crowd have arrived in T3.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Macspreader
The other reason to renew is to get access to the fast-track lane at MAN security. That can save a good 40 minutes on a Friday, now that the Ryanair crowd have arrived in T3.
Oh god, so T3 really has reached the bottom of the swamp now then. Its a far cry from British Airways/One World years ago, crying shame.

Keeping on topic, I am confused how the Premier card thing works. Do you have to exchange 35points for it, or do you get an option to buy it after 35 points? Ditto the 50points for a guest thing, these two links have caused my confusion

http://www.flybe.com/rewards4all/spend.htm
http://www.flybe.com/flying_flybe/lounges.htm

I am going to be flying Aberdeen-Gatwick twice a week as BA do not fly that route and the cost of flights to Heathrow is pretty high.

Cheers
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by globalste
Keeping on topic, I am confused how the Premier card thing works. Do you have to exchange 35points for it, or do you get an option to buy it after 35 points? Ditto the 50points for a guest thing, these two links have caused my confusion

http://www.flybe.com/rewards4all/spend.htm
http://www.flybe.com/flying_flybe/lounges.htm

I am going to be flying Aberdeen-Gatwick twice a week as BA do not fly that route and the cost of flights to Heathrow is pretty high.

Cheers
You are able to redeem points for the card as soon as you have enough in your account. Very niche market for the 50-point guest card I'd have thought, as it is a single named guest, so it has to be someone who flies with you a lot, but not enough for their own card ...

You probably know this anyway, but the Flybe lounge at ABZ is the Servisair lounge and therefore a cut above the standard Flybe offering, much better than LGW for example!
Old May 10, 2012, 12:15 am
Original Poster

FlyBE Lounge

Has anyone tried the cards in the Helsinki lounge? I'm not sure if this is the Finnair lounge or not...
Old May 19, 2012, 10:08 am

I know it's a little off topic, but if you buy the Flybe Lounge pass with your points can you use the lounge when you aren't flying on a Flybe flight? I assume not, but worth a check!
Old May 19, 2012, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by callum9999
I know it's a little off topic, but if you buy the Flybe Lounge pass with your points can you use the lounge when you aren't flying on a Flybe flight? I assume not, but worth a check!
That's right, you can't. Unfortunately.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
According to BE's website, a number of contract lounges can now be accessed as well in locations without a BE-owned lounge - including one abroad: In DUS.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:33 am
Original Poster

FlyBE Lounge

I just noticed the update to their website re lounges. Looks like card holders cannot gain access to EDI anymore, unless it is a genuine site error? I was in there was 2 weeks ago with no problems.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
FlyBE is really trying to get people into its lounges: Seen in BXH that you can purchase one-off access for £12 for one person or £18 for two at the check-in counter. Also, the FlyBE credit card runs two seperate promos for existing users: Spend 7 times before 15 Aug, get a one-time access voucher, AND Spend £350 before 15 Aug, and get a one-time access voucher (in both cases for FlyBE owned/operated lounges only).

If the BE lounges were actually nice, this would be a good promo... but well... doubt too many previous users of BE-Lounges will get excited about this.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I'll be shot for saying this but it's sad to see the Gatwick lounge close. It was always quiet and I could guarantee a sofa/table to work on with a Stella and choc orange "dunkbar".
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by SHRMark
I'll be shot for saying this but it's sad to see the Gatwick lounge close. It was always quiet and I could guarantee a sofa/table to work on with a Stella and choc orange "dunkbar".
Now this post worried me - the LGW lounge closing?? Then I realised that the LGW lounge has no sofas and no choc orange whatevers, so just what lounge is this that is closing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.