Wiki Posts
Search

OpenSkies or Other Bz Carriers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
OpenSkies or Other Bz Carriers

Has anyone flew or do you have any opinions on Open Skies? Can't get an upgrade on UA, so I'm looking around for other airline options. Any suggestions on other carriers very welcome!
Thanks.
Peppermint Pattie
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbh220
Has anyone flew or do you have any opinions on Open Skies? Can't get an upgrade on UA, so I'm looking around for other airline options. Any suggestions on other carriers very welcome!
Thanks.
Peppermint Pattie
Hard to get upgrades on any carrier. Are you considering just buying C class outright?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Do not want to buy Bz Class: but open skies has all business seats at a value price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this carrier??? Subsidiary of British Air.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Betting this will get moved but FYI Open Skies is introducing coach.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:47 pm

i've flown openskies twice now and i like it.
- you get to use the diplomat line for security at orly
- decent lounges at both newark and orly
- earn BA miles (one RT flight earned me 12,768 points...)
- they hand out pre-loaded iPads to everyone and the seats have an arm to mount them on
- the seats have a good pitch (52") but they're not the current generation of lie-flat business seats that most airlines seem to be putting in these days
- staff are generally nicer than on most of the USA carriers
- if you're going to spring for the biz bed, i'd recommend it on the overnight segment to europe rather than the daytime flight back to the USA
- in BizBed class they have an espresso machine
- in BizBed class they also gave out a box of really nice french macarons as a goodbye gift. perfect little reminder of your trip when you open the box up (or a handy "look what i brought you from france!" gift for that person you forgot to get a souvenir for).
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:55 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the Other European Airlines forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you do end up on OpenSkies, consider joining the BA Executive Club if you aren't already a member. One way in BizSeat and the other in BizBed is 350 Tier Points, enough for BA Bronze (oneworld ruby), and if you book them on a BA flight number they will count as your two BA segments too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.