Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (later 2018 onward)

Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
TAP ROUTE MAP
2017-02-08:
Added future service to ALG, STR, LPA, OTP, BUD, CGN
Added future service to ABJ and YYZ

TP's route network: long-haul

short/medium-haul

Older posts from this thread have been archived to ARCHIVE: TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (obsolete) (link).
Print Wikipost

TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (later 2018 onward)

Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Just got off the SFO-LIS inaugural. I was in C. Very ordinary in every way. There was a nice celebration at SFO with speakers, live music, and cake.

Flight was delayed, I think due to a baggage issue.

On board, there was a little gift bag with a bar of nice soap.

But nothing else of note. No other swag.

On board service was mediocre. When FA approached me for meal order, she simply and directly asked, have you decided?

Food was fine. I had salmon. Not as good as other airlines are n C.

Crew eve was not around at all to refill drinks. No water. When I got up to go to the galley, it was hard to find Someone!

We had a remote gate at LIS. Im now in very long passport control line. Its moving, but I estimate it will be at least a 40 minute process. I hope I make my flight to AMS! Originally a 2.5 hour connection. But with delay and long line, I now have precious little time!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
TP to fly to Banjul as of 26OCT [[url=https://www.voltaaomundo.pt/2019/05/21/tap-vai-inaugurar-rota-para-a-capital-da-gambia-em-outubro/]PT only]

LIS2055 0010+1BJL A320 246
BJL0105 0605LIS A320 357
per airline route It appears the source I quoted had the timing wrong (1h later) arriving departing from BJL. so here is the correct schedule.
TAP Air Portugal at the launch of winter 2019/20 season plans to add Lisbon Banjul service, subject to Government Approval. Reservation for this route, 3 times a week by Airbus A320, opened in late-May 2019. First flight is scheduled on 29OCT19.

TP1496 LIS2055 0110+1BJL 320 246
TP1497 BJL0205 0605LIS 320 357
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by zrs70
Just got off the SFO-LIS inaugural. I was in C. Very ordinary in every way. There was a nice celebration at SFO with speakers, live music, and cake.

On board service was mediocre. When FA approached me for meal order, she simply and directly asked, have you decided?

Crew eve was not around at all to refill drinks. No water. When I got up to go to the galley, it was hard to find Someone!

We had a remote gate at LIS. Im now in very long passport control line. Its moving, but I estimate it will be at least a 40 minute process. I hope I make my flight to AMS! Originally a 2.5 hour connection. But with delay and long line, I now have precious little time!
Sounds like a typical TP flight and a typical 'normal' at LIS.
milfweed20 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by zrs70

How full was the flight? Did you pay for / choose seats in advance? (Or were you up front)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:19 am
Original Poster

per airline route. The A321LR will be scheduled to Belem. First Europe-South America route on the aircraft type.
Frequency increases, so ultimately this seems good for travelers.
TAP Air Portugal in Northern winter 2019/20 season plans to adjust Lisbon – Belem service, where the airline introduces Airbus A321neo LR aircraft on this route. The A321 will replace current A330-200 service from 29OCT19 to 28MAR20, while operational frequency increases from 2 to 3 weekly.

TP047 LIS1625 – 2155BEL 32Q 256
TP046 BEL2325 – 1015+1LIS 32Q 256
my bet is that over the next 2 years, the frequency will increase.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:17 pm

per airline route. The A321LR will be scheduled to Belem. First Europe-South America route on the aircraft type.
Frequency increases, so ultimately this seems good for travelers.

my bet is that over the next 2 years, the frequency will increase.
What seats does the C cabin of this A321LR feature? Old recaro?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by mmff
What seats does the C cabin of this A321LR feature? Old recaro?

Last edited by fly2nrt; Jul 11, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Older and obsolete posts from this thread have been archived to ARCHIVE: TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (obsolete) (link).

The older posts are preserved for historical and informational value. This thread is now more current and not encumbered by older information. If there are posts that should be here, please report those posts to the moderator.

A muito obrigado and a big tip of the Moderator hat to GBM.flights for contributing such useful information, and as well to Palal and tff.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 12, 2019 at 10:12 am Reason: Add
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
[]
A muito obrigado and a big tip of the Moderator hat to GBM.flights for contributing such useful information!

/Moderator
De nada! There were plenty of us contributing to this, Palal and tff quickly come to mind on useful info.

Meanwhile,
per airlineroute, it seems the A340s are on their way out earlier than previously announced. The last paragraph below is the key one.

TAP Air Portugal in recent weeks filed additional changes to its planned Airbus A340-300 operation. Previously scheduled until late-December 2019, the carriers A340 service is now scheduled until the end of Northern summer schedule on 26OCT19.

The following is last A340-300 operation on various routes in late-October 2019.

Lisbon London Heathrow Last flight 22OCT19
Lisbon Luanda Last flight 26OCT19 (Overall last flight)
Lisbon Maputo Last flight 25/26OCT19
Lisbon Recife Last flight 25OCT19
Lisbon Rio de Janeiro Last flight 22/23OCT19

Planned A340-300 operation remains subject to change.
JDiver, tff and skiesrider like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

This article (PT only), published about 2h ago, mentions a bunch of changes for the Summer 2020 operation.
Trying to summarize:
Americas:
LIS-ORD 5weekly to daily
LIS-IAD 5weekly to daily
LIS-MIA Daily to 10 weekly
LIS-NYC 3 daily (double daily and EWR daily) - info from post below - A321neo LR operates 1 daily JFK
OPO-EWR from 6 weekly to daily (A321neo LR operates - info from post below)
LIS-BEL 3weekly to 5weekly ( A321neo LR operates - info from post below)
LIS-NAT 3weekly to 5weekly (A321neo LR operates - info from post below)
OPO-GRU 3weekly to 4weekly

Europe:
OPO-LCY cancelled (6 weekly) - had been launched Mar2018 Brexit cited as reason
OPO-BCN cancelled (2 daily) - had been resumed Mar18
OPO-LYS cancelled (2 daily announced launch as of Sep'19 - i cannot find this in the schedule anymore - my guess, killed before it started)
OPO-FNC from 2 daily to 3 daily (
A321neo LR operates 1 daily - look at that for a redemption - info from post below)
OPO-MAD from 19weekly to 6 daily (rebranded Shuttle/Ponte Aerea)

LIS-OPO from 13 daily to 14 daily
LIS-CGN cancelled (13 weekly) had been resumed in Jul 2017
LIS-STR cancelled (2 daily) also resumed in 2017 - Jun
LIS-BSL cancelled (2 daily) had been resumed this year - 2019
LIS-LCY cancelled (12 weekly) launched Oct17Brexit cited as reason (mentioned capacity to LON will be kept through increased capacity in other existing routes)
LIS-MAD
(rebranded Shuttle/Ponte Aerea) - frequency increase not clear
LIS-BIO from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-VLC from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-AGP from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-SVQ from 3 daily to 4 daily
LIS-BCN from 6 daily to 7 daily
LIS-SCQ (Santiago de Compostela) launch (daily)

Other geographies
LIS-CMN from 1 daily to 2 daily
LIS-TLV from 1 daily to 2 daily (this is impressive as it was resumed this year -March) - A321neo LR operates 2 daily.

I'm curious to see if any more news come out of new routes for Brazil or US.
tff likes this.

Last edited by GBM.flights; Aug 14, 2019 at 7:48 am Reason: new info - from tff's post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:47 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
The full press release is available here (only in PT so far) and answers some of the questions .

Overall, TP will deploy its A321LR in the following routes:
- LIS-JFK (daily) - the 4th daily NYC flight will be to bound to JFK and will be operated by A321LR;
- LIS-DME (daily);
- LIS-TLV (2 daily);
- LIS-NAT (5 weekly);
- LIS-BEL (5 weekly);
- OPO-EWR (daily);
- OPO-FNC (daily).

No news about routes that have been mentioned earlier by TP's administration, namely YUL.

At the same time, the press release seems to contradict airlineroute's last A340 flight post, as it mentions that LAD will be served by A339 from october onwards and MPM only "before the end of the year".
GBM.flights likes this.

Last edited by tff; Aug 13, 2019 at 11:53 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tff
The full press release is available here (only in PT so far) and answers some of the questions .

Overall, TP will deploy its A321LR in the following routes:
- LIS-JFK (daily) - the 4th daily NYC flight will be to bound to JFK and will be operated by A321LR;
- LIS-DME (daily);
- LIS-TLV (2 daily);
- LIS-NAT (5 weekly);
- LIS-BEL (5 weekly);
- OPO-EWR (daily);
- OPO-FNC (daily).

No news about routes that have been mentioned earlier by TP's administration, namely YUL.

At the same time, the press release seems to contradict airlineroute's last A340 flight post, as it mentions that LAD will be served by A339 from october onwards and MPM only "before the end of the year".
Double daily to JFK... ? That's kinda surprising.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Damn, I'm booked on a OPO to LCY flight in April. I guess TAP will rebook me?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
Damn, I'm booked on a OPO to LCY flight in April. I guess TAP will rebook me?
Eventually. But I'd call (and at least you should have your pick of LGW direct from OPO or even LHR via LIS at your most convenient timing given the rerouting needed)
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

LIS-MAD (rebranded Shuttle/Ponte Aerea) - frequency increase not clear
LIS-BIO from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-VLC from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-AGP from 2 daily to 3 daily
LIS-SVQ from 3 daily to 4 daily
LIS-BCN from 6 daily to 7 daily
LIS-SCQ (Santiago de Compostela) launch (daily)

LIS-TLV from 1 daily to 2 daily (this is impressive as it was resumed this year -March) - A321neo LR operates 2 daily.
Looking at all these again I'd say TP should launch (1 or more) - EZE,BOG,MEX,LIM giving IB a run for their money in traffic outside of MAD. IB frequencies (EZE-2 daily, BOG 10 weekly, MEX 3 daily, LIM 10 weekly). TLV with daily would also benefit from short connections to Central/South America.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.