Does TAP ever release two award seats?

Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Does TAP ever release two award seats?

In lieu of starting an entirely new thread...can someone tell me if TAP ever releases two (I) award seats?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
In lieu of starting an entirely new thread...can someone tell me if TAP ever releases two (I) award seats?
It depends on the route I guess, but I got two business seats on AMS-LIS-PDL without problems about 4 months out.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
It depends on the route I guess, but I got two business seats on AMS-LIS-PDL without problems about 4 months out.

Thanks I actually found two seats leaving out of EWR...could not find any availability whatsoever leaving out of JFK. The Azores huh...does your AMS-LIS-PDL route include stopovers?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:34 am

does your AMS-LIS-PDL route include stopovers?
That really depends on the rules of your FFP of choice. I was trying to get to PDL as quickly as possible so I didn't even try to book a stopover.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
That really depends on the rules of your FFP of choice. I was trying to get to PDL as quickly as possible so I didn't even try to book a stopover.

FFP...I booked using Lifemiles. According to THIS article TAP recently starting allowing stopovers up to five days. Not sure if this applies to award travel, but I would want to spend at least a week in Portugal in anyway.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
FFP...I booked using Lifemiles. According to THIS article TAP recently starting allowing stopovers up to five days. Not sure if this applies to award travel, but I would want to spend at least a week in Portugal in anyway.
It only applies to revenue, not award, travel. You can always do a cheap Ryanair flight LIS-PDL or vice-versa.

Also remember that SATA has free connecting flights within the azores.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.