Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (later 2018 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
TAP ROUTE MAP
2017-02-08:
Added future service to ALG, STR, LPA, OTP, BUD, CGN
Added future service to ABJ and YYZ

TP's route network: long-haul

short/medium-haul

Older posts from this thread have been archived to ARCHIVE: TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (obsolete) (link).
Print Wikipost

TAP Air Portugal [TP] new routes and changes (later 2018 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:57 pm

New routes just loaded into GDS

a) PDL-YYZ, 2/week, ...4..7, 321-LR, eff. June 25
b) LIS-AGA, 4/week, 1...567, AT7, eff. October 26
c) LIS-CPT, 3/week, ..3.5.7, 339, eff. November 11
d) LIS-CUN, 3/week, .2.4.6., 339, eff. October 27
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
wow! LIS-CUN? To serve the northern European markets?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
c) LIS-CPT, 3/week, ..3.5.7, 339, eff. November 11
d) LIS-CUN, 3/week, .2.4.6., 339, eff. October 27
They're clearly not short on mind altering drugs... can these 2 destinations really be the best for the bottom line of the company?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
They're clearly not short on mind altering drugs... can these 2 destinations really be the best for the bottom line of the company?
Both are focused on leisure travellers. CUN for northern Europeans and CPT for both Europeans and Americans.
Old May 11, 2020, 1:10 am

Poor timings on CPT flights?

I saw the notification that TAP will be flying to CPT from 11th November and got a little excited until I saw the timings of the flights. The arrival time could not be worse in my opinion, the departure time just as bad. Cape Town is a beautiful city but it does have problems with violent crime especially in the townships after dark. Most Cape Town residents will tell you that you are literally taking your life in your hands being near the townships late at night. Murder levels reached a peak last year and the Army was sent in to control the gangs that roam the streets at night. By day it is not too bad and if one sticks to the touristy areas then you will be safe. The V&A Waterfront is especially safe as are the mountain and the centre. Sadly, the airport is virtually surrounded by townships. Imagine arriving very late in the evening, not knowing where you are going and getting lost on your way into the city.

The flight from LIS is scheduled to arrive at 23:40. Fortunately, the big name care hire offices are open 24 hours but realistically you won't be getting out of the airport till way gone midnight. Then you have to find a hotel with 24 hour reception or have VERY accommodating friends/relatives to stay up and greet you.

The return from CPT is equally badly timed - it departs at 02:05 - yes, that's 2 a.m.! Again you need to travel to the airport in the late evening or spend hours waiting for your flight. The Bidvest Premier lounge closes at 23:30 while the BA lounge closes at 20:00.

The TAP flights say "Flight subject to relevant authorities approval ", but I cannot see this route being a roaring success with these timings. Just my 2 cents worth. I would be interested to hear yours.

P.S. I am flying to CPT this coming November but on BA arriving at 11:30 - a more sensible time.

Last edited by bigbadjoe; May 11, 2020 at 1:23 am
Old May 15, 2020, 7:06 am

They're trying to maximize their fleet utilization and LIS slot availability. I guess they're planning on having leisure travellers, who are more price-conscious, worry more about the $$ rather than the timings.
Old May 15, 2020, 7:22 am

Whilst maximizing the fleet utilization is indeed a good and sensible thing to do, a bit of market research and local input would have shown them that it might not work as well as say arriving in Madrid at 23:45.
Old May 15, 2020, 11:48 am

i've gt two reservations for TFS-LIS-LHR. one on a Saturday in October and the other for a Saturday in Feb.

it looks like the Saturday flights on this route have been cancelled.

they've rebooked me on to Friday (24 hours earlier on both occasions) but i dont want to lose a day holiday. what chances rebooking on an alternative carrier on the same date as original travel ?
Old May 19, 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi everyone,

My ORD->LIS flight got cancelled. I stupidly accepted a rebook option that I didn't like, and now I think i might be better off getting a voucher. Is TAP still offering a 20% bonus for the vouchers? Do you think there's any chance they'll issue me a voucher eventhough I've already accepted the rebook? This just happened a couple of hours ago, and I don't even know if my ticket is already confirmed.
Old May 20, 2020, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi everyone,

My ORD->LIS flight got cancelled. I stupidly accepted a rebook option that I didn't like, and now I think i might be better off getting a voucher. Is TAP still offering a 20% bonus for the vouchers? Do you think there's any chance they'll issue me a voucher eventhough I've already accepted the rebook? This just happened a couple of hours ago, and I don't even know if my ticket is already confirmed.
Why not ask them?

No rational person can second-guess guess the application of TP policies regarding cancellations, cancellation windows. Just be warned they are not known for showing goodwill or customer-friendly creativity in interpreting rules.

Your tack might be tha you want to take advantage of the 24H option to change or cancel a reservation. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.