Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Standby on Iceland Express and other immediate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)

Wayward daughter in in Iceland. Has ticket to Boston for Wed. Wants to fly to EWR tomorrow. I saw info on the web site for changing tickets ($30 plus fare difference) I cannot find their standby procedure , if they have one.

So, (and yes I searched and got zilch) anyone know if there is a standby program. And if so can it be done earlier than original day of travel? Any other thoughts or suggestions for getting daughter home earlier than Wednesday?
Must be on Island Express as she refuses to pay "good money" just to change
flights

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by mmargel
Wayward daughter in in Iceland. Has ticket to Boston for Wed. Wants to fly to EWR tomorrow. I saw info on the web site for changing tickets ($30 plus fare difference) I cannot find their standby procedure , if they have one.

So, (and yes I searched and got zilch) anyone know if there is a standby program. And if so can it be done earlier than original day of travel? Any other thoughts or suggestions for getting daughter home earlier than Wednesday?
Must be on Island Express as she refuses to pay "good money" just to change
flights

Thanks!
No one will let you standby for EWR when your booked to Boston unless it's irregular ops.
Cheers
Howie
Old Aug 15, 2011, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
then how about Boston

OK, let's regroup. Can she standby for a flight to Boston a day early? Does Iceland express permit that and if so with what fees? Thanks again.

UPDATE:
daughter caught up with friends, now has a roof over her head and is happy to stay in Iceland until Wed.

Last edited by mmargel; Aug 16, 2011 at 6:05 am Reason: to update issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.