Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit MAD, but have to claim luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit MAD, but have to claim luggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Question Transit MAD, but have to claim luggage

I will be flying:

DFW-BOS AA
BOS-MAD IB arriving T4S
MAD-PMI IB(VY) departing T4

From what I can tell, I will not be be able to check bags through to PMI, as AA has no agreements with Vueling (or Spanair or Air Europa). I will have 4 hours in MAD to connect.

Can anyone take me through the process? Most info I have found pertains to those who can check bags through to final destination. Do I follow the signage as if I was leaving the airport to claim bags and go thorough customs? Then loop around and recheck with Vueling?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I would be surprised if you can't check your bags all the way through. In the past VY didn't ever transfer bags for connections but they do now. And as you have an IB flight number I doubt you'll have any problem.

In the case that you have to get the bags in MAD, it's a simple process - head for the baggage claim, then take the subway to T4, check your bag, and get on the plane.

They are huge terminals but very organized with clear signs. All the above will take you about 30 minutes.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Is this a common thing to have to claim luggage at MAD when transiting? My mother & (physically handicapped) sister are flying EI IAD-MAD connecting to JK MAD-BCN and the UA people are telling them that they'll have to claim luggage and recheck it upon arrival at MAD. Not sure why two *A (the EI flight is marketed by UA or whatever) can't interline or if MAD is just not into interlining or something.

Help, please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.