Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rate airberlin topbonus

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Rate airberlin topbonus

InsideFlyer magazine is reviewing airberlin topbonus in our July issue and would like your input.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in topbonus and grade the program from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to the editors at InsideFlyer at [email protected] if you would prefer.

Thank you.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:09 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Pros and cons of membership in Topbonus IMO

Pro:
for everyone
A rolling period, i.e. you get status if in the past 12 months... no late December panic !
A Miles account is very quickly updated (in my case 90% in the same day)
A Easiness to book a reward flight
A Reward flight availability
A Simple one way or return reward flights
A Nice Companion reward flight (50% discount). In Miles&More from SEN onward !
A- 100% free award tickets. It's not an A because personally I perceive the required extra miles are a bit too many. Anyway a similar or better value than the similar Miles&More option.
B Number of miles based on purchased fare but even normal ones get a decent / reasonable number of miles. A lot better than BAEC and M&M, better than FB.

for Elites only
A Comp on request basis and challanges
A Business class / Elite card holders dedicated check in desk
A Lounge/fast-track for all Elites (unfortunately in very few airports)
A Elite free XL seat allocation (emergency row seats)
A- "my route" for Elites, i.e. 100% bonus in Europe (it can be an huge booster). It's not an A because it's just Europe.
B Elite bonus mile because:
D bonus miles for elite is quite low (Silver 20 and Gold 40%)
A Bonus miles for elite are qualifying miles
B- More or less the usual hotel partners of any other FFPs
D- The reduced award ticket idea is good, nice discount but very few date/destination and the worst is that they are not always present. I base my vote comparing it to the Award promo of FlyingBlue

Misc.
Helpdesk dedicated Elite phone lines are quick to answer ! Just a few seconds.

Cons:
C very basic card layout (i.e. almost ugly)
C too many German centric offers
F- very very limited partnership redemption... practically none

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.