Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

ČSA priority boarding queue & exit row

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT

One question: have you ever seen ČSA having a priority boarding queue, and if you have, where is it? I mean, the last time I flew with them there was none, not in Paris, not in Prague, not in Warsaw.

Is it like you have to queue or you have to make your way and piss all the other passengers queueing or how is it working?

also, what do you do to get an exit row seat with them? I'm kinda tall and having this seat is extremely important. But it seems that it's impossible to get them through online check in (which very often simply doesnt work for me btw), and at the airport, the last time I flew, I was told that this row was blocked and so they could do nothing about it.

so, what's your experience with those two things?
Old May 8, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
CSA, when departing from Prague, announces that those with children and those with special needs go first, and that business class, Elite and Elite+ can go at their own convenience. In practice the rule is strictly enforced for families with children - for the rest it is a free for all.

AMS e.g. has priority lanes (but it takes some courage to use those as often these are empty and you cut into the regular line).

Regarding the Emergency Exit rows - these are blocked when departing from Prague and when checking in on-line. When you use the Self Check-In facilities in AMS e.g. these can be chosen - but as they operate on your OK+ level I have no idea whether they are available for all levels. I think it is up to the check-in agent to release those - and if you are very tall you have a case :-)
Old May 9, 2011, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
so does it mean that I shall approach the gate agent during the boarding while skipping all the queue and ask him to let me in cause I'm elite? That's kinda... I mean, there should be a regular lane, ČSA, c'mon!

and as for the exit row, thanks for advice. the problem is that I'm gonna be having my flight from Paris CDG (now, will I still be able to use the AF kiosque if the codeshare is over?) and then transfering at Prague to a delightful almost 4 hours overnight flight so I really don't wanna end up locked between tiny seats... and the CSA check in agent at CDG didn't unlock the exit row for me, as far as I remember, just said that it was blocked and that they were very sorry.
Old May 9, 2011, 8:30 am

In AMS it is an actual separate queue with a sign that says Business/Elite(+) - but it ends up cutting in to the regular queue. I personally have no problems using it.

Paris - like Amsterdam - is a large hub, where a lot of people come in from connecting flights and where upgrading (and seat allocation) is done at the gate and not at check-in (unlike say WAW, KRK, SKP or NIC). I didn't try in CDG - but in AMS you can change your seat at the kiosks - and there it works for all Skyteam partners (as is the case in PRG).

And in ČSA they always lock the exit rows. No idea why. They only open up when the plane is at the gate. So chances that you will be able to get an exit seat for a connecting flight are minimal - until you are in PRG.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
One question: have you ever seen ČSA having a priority boarding queue, and if you have, where is it? I mean, the last time I flew with them there was none, not in Paris, not in Prague, not in Warsaw.

Is it like you have to queue or you have to make your way and piss all the other passengers queueing or how is it working?

also, what do you do to get an exit row seat with them? I'm kinda tall and having this seat is extremely important. But it seems that it's impossible to get them through online check in (which very often simply doesnt work for me btw), and at the airport, the last time I flew, I was told that this row was blocked and so they could do nothing about it.

so, what's your experience with those two things?
AMS regular as clockwork.

GLA & EDI when CSA flew there a few years back. I was there first Gold on both occasions and was picked up from the lounge by the station manager and taken to the plane. At GLA on the second occasion he was there to greet me again and take me to the lounge. Now that's service ^
Old May 12, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
so does it mean that I shall approach the gate agent during the boarding while skipping all the queue and ask him to let me in cause I'm elite? That's kinda... I mean, there should be a regular lane, ČSA, c'mon!
At Prague they call you forward but by that time a queue has already formed which is difficult to get through sometimes, that's why if you get an upgrade, it's easier just to stay by the desk
Old May 12, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Exit row seating

Regarding exit row; a few years back I was flying KRK-PRG-DUB. I was upgraded KRK-PRG but did not receive a boarding pass for the connecting flight. So I had to check in again in PRG and was there given a middle seat in the last row. Unfortunately I was not upgraded and the flight was full. It was just funny that they thought giving a gold member the worst seat on the plane was logical
Old May 12, 2011, 6:01 am

KRK-PRG - now that is an upgrade ;-) Actually the best seat is probably 2D - but they will put you in 13/14 something. The flight is mercifully short though :-)

I think they are focusing now somewhat better. This year (41 flights) I have consistentently been upgraded - so 41 out of 41. I even was upgraded on a KLM flight out of Prague - didn't happen to me when I was a FB Platinum ;-) But probably they were looking for SkyTeam Elite members to upgrade on an overbooked flight.

But I do think they are clamping down on non-upgradeable fares requesting upgrades on outstations. Both this week and last week they were first looking in the system before awarding an upgrade in AMS. In the past they would only look at card color and take the boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.