Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

[OT] All the recent talks about carry ON's ....and finally I got "hit"!

[OT] All the recent talks about carry ON's ....and finally I got "hit"!

Old Apr 24, 11, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Interesting how you were so calm and that guy went ballistic.
Old Apr 24, 11, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by djjaguar64 View Post
Interesting how you were so calm and that guy went ballistic.
Interesting indeed!

Even more interesting would be hearingthe other side of the story
Old Apr 25, 11, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Interesting indeed!

Even more interesting would be hearingthe other side of the story

aha, you can say that again!! ^
Old Apr 25, 11, 11:21 pm

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
The "story" feels slightly odd to me as I have been flying through Prague literally hundreds of times - never encountered gate personnel that would be in a state of heightened excitation. Tranquil to lethargic would be the average state. But of course things happen.

What strikes me is

1. that the OP states that he is not the guy to be too overt in exercising his rights as a Gold Card holder in Skyteam - but seems to think that CSA personnel behavior is, or should be, influenced by a.) the way he is dressed b.) the brand of his checked suitcases (!) c. the appearance of his travel partner. Though I could understand the card thing I fail to see how the last items would impress ground staff.

2. Trying to think how to fly from PRG to LED non-stop NOT using CSA (there is a codeshare with Rossiya, but operated by OK). So that would involve a stop-over somewhere. Extra hassle with the tubes, I suppose. Especially without status.
Old Apr 26, 11, 5:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Sounds like a typical OK flight and pax to Russia to me.

Anytime I have to leave from T1 during the Russia flights check in times, I go to the airport either super early or the day before to drop luggage off and then return home......just to avoid all the "discussions" going on.....and everyone in the wrong lines.....
Old Apr 26, 11, 4:00 pm

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
It can be slightly unruly on the flights to Russia - but I personally can stand some unruly pax much better than a sense of entitlement based on one's appearance or the brand of one's luggage. Especially when doused with a psycho-babble sauce (somebody under circumstance X will always react in some way Y, etc.). Right.

Maybe the guy at the gate felt the same :-)
Old Apr 27, 11, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kvet01 View Post
It can be slightly unruly on the flights to Russia - but I personally can stand some unruly pax much better than a sense of entitlement based on one's appearance or the brand of one's luggage. Especially when doused with a psycho-babble sauce (somebody under circumstance X will always react in some way Y, etc.). Right.

Maybe the guy at the gate felt the same :-)
Would that justify the f-word? Mind you, the guy at the gate is there to provide *service* to passengers, and passengers may think whatever they want about themselves. It should not influence his proper judgment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: