Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

TAP "offers" upgrades via online auctions

Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:57 pm

Was able to get upgraded and went on to select my seats, which I was able to do. However, on my reservation the cabin still states Economy? Weird.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:40 am

Did anyone else have a plane change on them last minute? I'm really annoyed now because I had checked on ExpertFlyer prior to bidding and it showed the new A330 configuration (lie flat seats) and now upon checkin it looks like the angled flat configuration. If I had known this would be the case I would NOT have wasted my money bidding for an upgrade.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: EUROBONUS
Originally Posted by aquila10
Was able to get upgraded and went on to select my seats, which I was able to do. However, on my reservation the cabin still states Economy? Weird.
I also had this experience on my return flight upgrade. I don't know if this is an error or if this is the proper routine. On my outbound flight my class was changed to Z; on my return flight I my class was changed to P. Both still got me C-class seats. Both were originally booked in U class, so something fishy is going on. I have sent an email to TAP people asking what's up.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude7
I also had this experience on my return flight upgrade. I don't know if this is an error or if this is the proper routine. On my outbound flight my class was changed to Z; on my return flight I my class was changed to P. Both still got me C-class seats. Both were originally booked in U class, so something fishy is going on. I have sent an email to TAP people asking what's up.
Where are you able to see the Z and P?

Just as an addendum - my flight had 2 business class seats booked up until I received my upgrade. I chose my seats, but the seats were changed on check-in as they changed the aircraft on me. Upon reselecting seats, I see that 9 seats were occupied, 12 including my own 3 seats. On the aircraft, 23 seats were occupied in business; I lucked out and was the only person with no neighbor. Guess everyone's taking advantage of bidding for upgrades!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: EUROBONUS
Originally Posted by aquila10
Where are you able to see the Z and P?
Yes, the automated Amadeus-or-something email confirmation with computer-type font said Z and P respectively.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerdude7
Yes, the automated Amadeus-or-something email confirmation with computer-type font said Z and P respectively.
Is everyone getting the biz class miles when bidding on an upgrade? or is it just a fluke? I have a U class ticket no intra-Europe...considering the upgrade for 90 euros between ZRH and LIS, but am only doing it for the biz class miles to credit to UA. Anyone else getting biz class miles?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
The post from Plusgrade at the beginning of this thread said miles of the original ticket. However, the information on tap.com indicates to the contrary:

2. If the bid submitted by the passenger is approved by TAP:

a. The passenger will receive two electronic messages: one to inform that the bid for the route (flight leg) in question has been accepted and the corresponding
upgrade has been awarded and the second message to send the new e-ticket.
b. After approval, TAP Portugal shall charge the amount corresponding to the accepted bid to the credit card used by the passenger.
c. The total amount charged will include the amount of the bid placed by the passenger and all applicable fares and fees.
d. The fare conditions for the original ticket purchased by passengers shall remain in force and shall apply even if the bid has been approved and the upgrade made,
which includes, for example, cancellation policies and fees for ticket changes.
e. The debit note on the credit card can be issued in the name of TAP Portugal, Plusgrade or any other name that may be previously informed by TAP.
f. If the passenger is a Victoria client, the award of miles will be made depending on the class in which the passenger was placed following the bid, the
route (flight leg) concerned and on which the passenger actually travelled.
Full link here

Now, if that only applies to Victoria or other *A programs remains to be seen.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Aug 12, 2016 at 8:22 am
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Can anyone share some recent successful and unsuccessful bids for upgrades? I'm particularly interested in EWR-LIS. Thank you.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
I unsuccessfully bid for an upgrade on the LIS-ZRH I took yesterday. I bid the minimum. However, when I did try to raise it to a little bit over the minimum I was told that I couldn't change the bid by the website. I think this was because TAP had cancelled one my segments, and had replaced it by my identical original segment.

In the end I ended up traveling in my original exit row seats, so it was decent enough.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold
I have a flight next Sunday (BOS-LIS), and just got this e-mail from TAP:

We are currently reviewing upgrade requests for your flight, TP 218 BOS to LIS departing on August 28, 2016, and we will be making decisions quite soon on which upgrades to award.

We base our decisions on several factors that include, among others, the amount passengers have offered to be upgraded and, of course, seat availability.

We would be delighted to have you experience our award-winning tap|executive and enjoy the comforts and amenities that this cabin provides.

To increase your chances that your offer will be accepted, would you like to review your offer?

The minimum was 280 Euros, I had just gone in last week and increased my bid to 300, just to get a one step up. I'll post an update later this week.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by alanstar
I have a flight next Sunday (BOS-LIS), and just got this e-mail from TAP:

We are currently reviewing upgrade requests for your flight, TP 218 BOS to LIS departing on August 28, 2016, and we will be making decisions quite soon on which upgrades to award.

We base our decisions on several factors that include, among others, the amount passengers have offered to be upgraded and, of course, seat availability.

We would be delighted to have you experience our award-winning tap|executive and enjoy the comforts and amenities that this cabin provides.

To increase your chances that your offer will be accepted, would you like to review your offer?

The minimum was 280 Euros, I had just gone in last week and increased my bid to 300, just to get a one step up. I'll post an update later this week.
Interesting. I'm flying EWR-LIS this Friday and I did not receive a similar email.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
My upgrade just cleared for Sunday's BOS-LIS trip (72 hours in advance)! The minimum bid was 280 Euros, I had put in for 300 Euros. Looks like my flight is one of the old Azul planes with lie-flat seats. There's a nice comprehensive review here:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...rtugal-boston/

BTW, has anyone taken the LIS-BOS-YY? flight that was on sale earlier this year? Just wondering if you definitely collect bags in Logan, so I can still check my bag without it continuing to Canada if I get off in Boston?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:25 am

My upgrade for EWR-LIS cleared 72 hours out at $360. Minimum that could be bid was $340 I think.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Cool good data points thus far...flying BOS-LIS on Sept 15, return Sept 19 and put in the min bid $340 for each flight. Will report back if upgrade clears. Going to purchase an extra space seat for $28 at least heading across the pond for the redeye.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any update to when a Passenger get the Upgrade with a Sucessful Bid. What Fare Basis is used for the Upgraded Flight and was there any different Mileage Accrual for the Upgraded flight. Thanks..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.