Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

JK introducing new FFP, asking for customer input

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist

This was just posted on Facebook. JK are introducing a brand new FFP to more closely align them with Star Alliance. It will be called Spanair Star and have two elite levels.

They are soliciting customer input through their cocreacion site, from little stuff like the design of the cards up to...well, anything really. The site is available in Spanish and Catalan only, but if you speak one of those languages here's your chance to help design a new FFP. http://www.ponavolartusideas.com/
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:42 am
Original Poster

OK everyone, *A flyer or not, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask for a bit of help from FTers!

I have added my suggestions for making Spanair Star into the perfect FFP (hint: it looks just like BD diamond club). Now they are letting people vote on the suggestions to see which ones get implemented. Mine have all made it past the initial stage - the feasibility filter - so lots of votes could mean a new program with some really brilliant features (one-way awards, cash & miles, etc.).

So...would you mind signing up and voting? You don't even have to understand it since it's all in Spanish (though feel free to Babelfish it to make sure what you're agreeing to if you want).

It's a pretty easy process:

1. Go to http://www.ponavolartusideas.com/ and click on "Soy nuevo aquí" in the upper right-hand corner.

2. Fill out the form (the fields should be easy to figure out if you don't speak Spanish) - you can choose English as your language of choice here as well.

3. Click the link in the confirmation mail to complete the signup.

Once signed in ("Iniciar sesión"), you can vote for the FFP card design you like best right on the home page. More importantly, you can vote for my ideas:

1. Click on "STOCK DE IDEAS"

2. Find "Usar millas, no puntos" - suggesting to use miles instead of arbitrary points - and click "vota"

3. Find "Mejorar el proceso de canjear" - this is where the good stuff comes in - and click "vota"

That's it. Thank you!

Last edited by alanw; Nov 24, 2010 at 8:35 am
Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
When I read your first post my first thought was, why don't we recreate DC at JK so we can quickly migrate after M&M integration.
I see you've beat me to it, so I've just voted for your ideas.
I particularly enjoyed your "Inception style" of planting the idea that CoS bonus needs to be 2x and 3x for C and F

For the others who are willing to go and vote, the easiest to find the ideas is to go by date, alanw ideas were created 17-11-2010. Currently on tab 13 if you take it as is and do apply filters. Probably tab 14 in a couple of days.

Let's make JK Star the new Diamond Club. Even the most voted card looks already like the gold cards at DC.

GBM

edit: I just created the upgrade vouchers for gold as Mileage Plus has it
Please vote it under "Upgrade vouchers para Gold (6x al ańo)"

Last edited by GBM.flights; Nov 21, 2010 at 11:39 am Reason: SWU vouchers idea added to the website
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
there was a sign-up bonus for joining the new JK program

I signed up

flew them earlier this year and was under the impression that my United MP account was credited but it wasn't

requested and received credit for that flight

now have two more flights booked on JK via Travelocity... hoping to collect enough points for something useful/award booking on the next trip
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBM.flights

edit: I just created the upgrade vouchers for gold as Mileage Plus has it
Please vote it under "Upgrade vouchers para Gold (6x al ańo)"
I'm going to vote for that too! Though to be honest with Comfort Option I don't worry about upgrades. 39€ on a mid-haul is a small price to pay.

Incidentally they posted a video interview with their director a couple of weeks ago, where he said they are planning to introduce long-haul flights again in 2011 with new aircraft. Sadly he wouldn't say where to but I'm sure before long we can all begin stuffing the ballot box for BCN-LAX.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by alanw
I'm going to vote for that too! Though to be honest with Comfort Option I don't worry about upgrades. 39€ on a mid-haul is a small price to pay.
Thanks! I'm more willing to have some nice SWU's to use on LH; LX or NH Yes, I'll dream on

Anyway, they've just changed the "Stock of Ideas" Sorting is now by most voted.
So, come on guys, let's show Flyertalk in action and that we can change at least one FFP to become the new DC!
Please vote!

Currently to vote:
alanw "Usar millas, no puntos" - "publico por" awestenb - Tab 7 - 96 votes
alanw "Mejorar el proceso de canjear" - "publico por" awestenb - Tab 11 - 52 votes
GBM.flights "Upgrade vouchers para Gold (6x al ańo)" - "publicado por" GBM - Tab 19 - 27 votes

Thanks to all that take the time to do so.
Let me know if anybody else has contributed and would like to see it here.
I'll keep updating the above info, so we can all keep track of the progress!
GBM

Last edited by GBM.flights; Dec 1, 2010 at 6:35 am Reason: Updating tabs and votes
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: IB Plus Gold
Thanks Alanw.

I have signed in and try to give my input.

Spainfly
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks!

I see that about 60% of the suggestions have nothing to do with the FFP, mostly about not charging taxes on top of fares, bigger seats, lower fares, etc. Lots of others suggested by people who really have no idea what's going on - a very popular suggestion is that your FF card gets you access to lounges. (!)

Maybe 80% of what's left is a really sad testament to how badly JK and IB have treated Spanish frequent flyers: very low level of expectations and silly stuff like wanting the pilot to hand-deliver your card and getting extra points if you fly on your birthday. It's both shocking and disheartening that the vast majority of Spanair Plus members have no idea that earning/redeeming Star Alliance flights through JK+ is something like eight times more expensive than almost any other FFP. And it truly is a question of not knowing any better. Spanish consumers are generally savvy and don't sit still for abuse.*

I think it's going to be a long road to a truly great Spanish FFP, but I hope this is a good first step.

* Admittedly, there are exceptions.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
always glad to lend a hand!
3 x votes
^

..... now could a spanish speaker tell us what to press in equally simple steps to unsubscribe from the junk mail that follows?
Thanks

Last edited by antichef; Nov 24, 2010 at 3:32 pm Reason: Q? re unsubscribe added
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Voted ^
And found this also: "Asociación con el Programa Miles & More"
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:01 am
Original Poster

There are a couple of people who keep posting about that on their FB page. Germans, shockingly.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
done. I even voted in catalan
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
what a nice idea, ask your clients what they would prefer :-)
Old Dec 25, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
It seems like we have the new card design. And is the one I've voted!
Watching some of the most voted ideas I don't see a new DC coming......
Lets see what's next
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Yeah, the new card is nice. But looking at that site makes me want to cry. I suspect they will just ignore the ideas (and add one or two of the cheap/easy ones so they can say they took customer feedback) and introduce the same awful JK+ with a new name.

On the other hand, if they do take all the suggestions, the result is going to be a lot like that episode of the Simpsons where homer got to design a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.