FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   Spanair "Comfort Option" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/1092832-spanair-comfort-option.html)

GetAA81Back2ARN Jun 6, 2010 1:23 am

Spanair "Comfort Option"

It seems that Spanair has introduced a "Comfort Option" allowing the passenger to upgrade the seating to the business class section. Prices seems to be €25 for domestic flights and €39 for other flights.

Have anyone tried this yet?

Does the "Comfort Option" change the booking class (just like it did for the old "Business Upgrade" option) or do the booking class remain the same?

alanw Jun 7, 2010 7:20 am

This gives you a seat in the Avant cabin, with catering, no blocked middle, no class change, no lounge access. Basically it's a 40€ sandwich.

edinv Jun 7, 2010 1:01 pm

-Just booked 'comfort' on-line with JK for EDI/MAD/LPA/BCN/EDI. Ticketed in 'R' which for my AC-aeroplan account means nil status points!

GetAA81Back2ARN Jun 8, 2010 10:56 am

Originally Posted by edinv (Post 14092432)
-Just booked 'comfort' on-line with JK for EDI/MAD/LPA/BCN/EDI. Ticketed in 'R' which for my AC-aeroplan account means nil status points!

Strange! R is a Non-Revenue class and not visible in ExpertFlyer. It actually seems that some sort of re-mapping of the booking class takes place. But it may be another booking class under so maybe you earn some points anyway. Keep us posted!

edinv Jun 8, 2010 12:15 pm

Strange! R is a Non-Revenue class and not visible in ExpertFlyer. It actually seems that some sort of re-mapping of the booking class takes place. But it may be another booking class under so maybe you earn some points anyway. Keep us posted!

So far received an itinerary with RESERVA CONFIRMADA - R BUSINESS
will certainly let this forum know the final resultant. - I need the status points for next years *G!

edinv Jun 16, 2010 3:16 pm

I had to call JK call centre, the agent explained that sectors before 'Comfort' was added were in 'Z' 'T' and 'E'. - wait and see for points!

edinv Jun 17, 2010 1:23 pm

I sent an email to AC-Aeroplan re credits in R 'Comfort' class. They replied:-

Kindly note that under the terms of Spanair’s accumulation structure, flights booked in classes not shown in the corresponding chart are not eligible for mileage accrual unless otherwise specified. For your reference, each airline is responsible for transmitting any updates to Aeroplan and the latter is done at once when the information is received. Accordingly, we are unable to advise members if and when a new class of service may be added to the existing list.
Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.Regards,Aeroplan - Customer Service Representative

alanw Jun 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Interestingly, JK just gutted their entire pricing structure (recently, I just noticed it today). Gone are the economy, economy +, avant, and business options. Now it's Traveler, Traveler Flex, and Premium. The first two are identical except for flexibility, and the last is full-on business class with a blocked middle and double points. For my flights, premium class was also about 60€ cheaper each way than the older business class.

I see they are still selling the comfort option on the other two fares, and they have an option to purchase lounge access for 25€ as well.

erik123 Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am

Has anyone been able to upgrade from basic to comfort after ticketing?

alanw Jun 22, 2010 1:52 pm

I suspect they'll sell you one at checkin; they used to do that when they offered B fares for about the same price. You could also show up at the lounge and do it there. I'm flying them in a few days and will find out then.

lokijuh Jul 5, 2010 9:22 am

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 14151087)
Interestingly, JK just gutted their entire pricing structure (recently, I just noticed it today). Gone are the economy, economy +, avant, and business options. Now it's Traveler, Traveler Flex, and Premium. The first two are identical except for flexibility, and the last is full-on business class with a blocked middle and double points. For my flights, premium class was also about 60€ cheaper each way than the older business class.

Not wanting to open another thread, does the new "Premium" class book into a business class fare code (C, D or J ?) or just into a Y code. I was seriously considering taking a side trip to ALG when I visit Europe shortly, with ALG-BCN in business on JK, just to get me across the line in retaining NZ gold. However I'm a bit reluctant now, I can't seem to find a fare code for it, and if it is any sort of Y fare it will do me no good.

alanw Jul 5, 2010 10:29 am

Normally it books into Z or C; I'm not sure about this particular case though. Expertflyer lists a 318€ return C1AE fare but spanair.com (and ITASoftware) wants 666€ plus a huge YR and assorted other graft for the same exact fare. Something's amiss there.

lokijuh Jul 5, 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 14246029)
Normally it books into Z or C; I'm not sure about this particular case though. Expertflyer lists a 318€ return C1AE fare but spanair.com (and ITASoftware) wants 666€ plus a huge YR and assorted other graft for the same exact fare. Something's amiss there.

Thanks. ALG-BCN-ALG seems to by showing on spanair.com 318€++ (but not the other direction). In any event I will try to get to ALG ex-LON using miles on BA or IB and then do a 1 way ALG-BCN for 215€ (half of which will be effectively returned to me in NZ airpoints dollars so not a bad deal)

alanw Jul 5, 2010 12:27 pm

That sounds like a plan. It's a short flight but will be international config I believe (i.e., blocked middle, catering).

lokijuh Jul 7, 2010 3:10 am

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 14246540)
That sounds like a plan. It's a short flight but will be international config I believe (i.e., blocked middle, catering).

Plan now scuttled - by visa requirements. Can't let my passport disappear for long enough to get a visa processed. Must be nice having two passports.