Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spanair "Comfort Option"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
That's hardly JK's "oversight" - they aren't obligated to make sure your program is giving proper credit. You need to be talking to UA or whoever.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by alanw
That's hardly JK's "oversight" - they aren't obligated to make sure your program is giving proper credit. You need to be talking to UA or whoever.
I don't believe that's accurate. As noted earlier in the thread, each carrier informs their partners which booking classes receive credit and R is currently not a booking class that receives credit. How is it UA's issue that they are booking people into a class not recognized as credit earning? I would think that either JK needs to book people into a credit-earning class or inform all partners that they need to add R as a recognized, credit-earning class. Or am I missing something?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:09 am

Programs: SK EBG |CSA OK+ Gold | SPG Gold | CO, BD, QR, AF lowlife
Now that Spanair are using Optiontown does anyone know if it still books you into R-class?
Or will you still get miles according to the original booking class?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Dunno, but why would someone spend 49€ to get a maybe upgrade with Optiontown when JK are also selling Comfort Option guaranteed upgrades for 39€ on the same flights?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by alanw
Dunno, but why would someone spend 49€ to get a maybe upgrade with Optiontown when JK are also selling Comfort Option guaranteed upgrades for 39€ on the same flights?
Must be something more beneficial with the optiontown option, no?

I have used optiontown with SAS a couple of times and there we get the miles for the upgraded class. Maybe the same with JK?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond SAS EBG (Star Alliance Gold), CO (OnePass) Gold
I have booked ticket through SAS, is it still possible to buy a comfort option?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Christobal
I have booked ticket through SAS, is it still possible to buy a comfort option?
Yes, I did so last time. I had a ticket booked through a third-party website for the SK codeshare of the JK operated flight. Hence SK ticket stock. I called the JK customer service and she reissued the same ticket as JK ticket incl. the comfort option. Cost was 39 EUR + 10 EUR for the booking fee of the service center.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:25 am

Spanair UTo servies not the same than Comfort opt

Hi there,
Comfort option from JK includes service in front of courtain to fly and airport priority checking / boarding as carry 2 bags.

UTO service includes the same but also access to the VIP lounge in the airport

I think this should make the difference. Also OT price I think it´s dynamic as will be based on availability before flying once you already have your economy ticket while Comfort option must be purchased during the shopping path at the same time you buy the flight.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:48 am

Hi Markus and welcome to FT!

Thanks for your input. It does make a difference - if one is not Star Alliance Gold member.

Do you know if there is any difference between Comfort and UTO upgrades in regards to miles earnings?

Last edited by SirRagnar; Jan 13, 2011 at 10:54 am
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:12 am

Points reward

thank you
Yes, if you are Gold member then you already have the VIP lounge so better go for the comfort option. I think it´s a good price as you pay always the same price if it´s a one way or return flight.

UTO's uses the same logic than Comfort (R class) + lounge option so when you get Comfort and they should give you 25 points + 25 extra points for lounge. I guess this means that UTO service should make you earn 50 points. But this is a very good question!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
So I was offered for EWR-BCN an UTo for 32 euros into Premium...did anyone try this? It is JK ticket on a CO operated flight...very enticing!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:32 am

mmm. The strange thing is that in theory, OT upgrades into an airline should be offered only to the self-operated planes so considering that the JK flight to NYC is really a CO operated flight I'm so surpriced they offer you this option.
The airline who should be able upgrade you with Optiontown flying this route should be Continental, not OT through JK.
Be sure there is not a problem if they confirm, I recommend to speak with JK or CO as this could be a OT mistake
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:37 am

by they way... OT just released an spanish version of the site. There are still some mistakes so I guess it´s being tested, but a new language for them...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Originally Posted by sindjic
So I was offered for EWR-BCN an UTo for 32 euros into Premium...did anyone try this? It is JK ticket on a CO operated flight...very enticing!
OK. I took a plunge, so we will see what happens...will report back if I get any success with OT...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Need booking info from the experts!

Please bear with me. I've never booked a flight before on a discount airline.

I want to book a flight for two people. The fare is super cheap in Traveler-just 11E with a bunch of taxes. Premium is 233E so I'm ruling that out. The Comfort Option is an extra 25E. The flight is short--an hour and 10 minutes or so.

Can I get a seat assignment at time of booking (online) in Traveler? Will the Comfort Option allow me to book a seat at time of booking. If not, how do I go about getting seat assignments. My husband is 6' 4" and I'm not sure he will fit given the pitch and I'm not exactly short (5'10"). I know it's a short flight but I thought I'd ask all the experts their (your) thoughts.

Anything else I should know about booking on a discount airline? As far as I can tell, one piece of luggage per ticket is permitted.

Is Vueling any different?

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.