Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

SU J Intra Europe is a Solid, Solid Product

Old Mar 7, 10, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!

From the new uniforms (nice gloves!) to the fine china to the wide array of drinks, I eagerly anticipate each J flight in and out of Moscow these days. Having just done 6 legs up front I can say I'm over the top thrilled with the level of service I'm receiving as of late on board.

I also like the fact that, for the most part, J is still a protected entity on SU so I rarely have anyone sitting behind me or in front of me. I don't mind sharing the forward cabin with others but it is nice to have a bit of a feeling of exclusivity when traveling in the front of the plane. Complimentary upgrades to loyal passengers like myself would be nice in one way but would also take some of the sheen off of the experience. I'm digging the sheen right now.

The whole LHR set up is impressive for Sky Team. The dedicated check in area for Business Class and the Sky Club (now that is a club!) are top notch. As noted in another thread, SU never anywhere that I've experienced honors the priority boarding so that would be a nice add on at all of their stations...especially a "glory" one like LHR.

Some of the seats on the 767s are getting pretty, how to say, ragged. A refurb or at least a sewing kit would go a long way I think. Other than that I cannot find one thing negative about the onboard experience in J on SU. I'm becoming a real fan of the service and am already a fan of the company.