Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

CSA rather heavyhanded after (their) mistake

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum

Today I tried to make a reservation in L class for a flight AMS-PRG v.v. on the CSA website - and near the end of the process it aborted with the message: "Invalid applet use" on a blank page. I checked my e-mail whether anything had come through, but nothing was there (normally the booking confirmation comes through at the same time you get the booking reference number on the CSA website).

So after a few minutes I checked my mail again, saw that nothing had come through and tried to book again, and I succeeded. Of course then two reservations came through for exactly the same flights for the same person with the same OK+ Platinum number and the same credit card - but with different booking references.

One minute after that I called the CSA Platinum desk - and when I informed them about the error they told me that they could of course cancel either reservation - for only EUR 160 - about half of the ticket costs.

So:

- Their website aborted with an error
- The whole thing happened within 7 to 8 minutes
- I am a Platinum member - currently till 2011, so not one of the guys that didn't qualify for 2010.

Now from the CSA perspective either my story is true (they probably can check the web logs - they can have all my data such as IP address, booking reference number etc - so they can check) or at worst it obviously was an honest mistake.

I probably should have called after the first try to see whether the reservation had come through but the call center lady was absolutely not in the mood to show any leniency. Now I am a very frequent flyer on that route, so I could to change to a suitable later date for free because of the Platinum membership - but I don't think this type of behavior towards their more frequent flyers fits too well in their customer retention program. Oh - and I remained very friendly until and including the end of the conversation with the call center lady - I knew I had a way out.

Last edited by Kvet01; Feb 17, 2010 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: QR Gold
Over the past few weeks I noticed that the CSA online booking system is really messing up, and no wonder something like this happened right now.
I suppose writing them formal complain over snail mail and explaining it there, they should take care of it. Such big issues are most likely not going to be solved over the phone, since you are talking with just an operator and not with someone in charge.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Wow. Any decent travel agency / airline will allow you to cancel a double booking free of charge - especially if you notify them within the same day (which means the ticket can be voided from going to accounting systems).
Old Feb 18, 2010, 2:48 pm

Thumbs down No reliable at all

I guess but I don´t know exactly what´s happening with CSA... for me is a crumbling castle, I have had enough of its failures and since more than one year ago I have decided not to travel anymore with them.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Happened to me last week....but I called up Service Desk immediately....and they told me to wait for 10 minutes, while I hung on as they could see the process going through.....and it did eventually come....so I got good service from them for the same issue...
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
Originally Posted by bobsmo
Happened to me last week....but I called up Service Desk immediately....and they told me to wait for 10 minutes, while I hung on as they could see the process going through.....and it did eventually come....so I got good service from them for the same issue...
Issue was slightly different; I already had both confirmation mails in my Inbox - in your case the reservations were still making their way through the systems. And maybe you already called after the first (potentially) botched reservation attempt - I only after the second one (when I got two confirmations at the same time).
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kvet01
Today I tried to make a reservation in L class for a flight AMS-PRG v.v. on the CSA website - and near the end of the process it aborted with the message: "Invalid applet use" on a blank page. I checked my e-mail whether anything had come through, but nothing was there (normally the booking confirmation comes through at the same time you get the booking reference number on the CSA website).

So after a few minutes I checked my mail again, saw that nothing had come through and tried to book again, and I succeeded. Of course then two reservations came through for exactly the same flights for the same person with the same OK+ Platinum number and the same credit card - but with different booking references.

One minute after that I called the CSA Platinum desk - and when I informed them about the error they told me that they could of course cancel either reservation - for only EUR 160 - about half of the ticket costs.

So:

- Their website aborted with an error
- The whole thing happened within 7 to 8 minutes
- I am a Platinum member - currently till 2011, so not one of the guys that didn't qualify for 2010.

Now from the CSA perspective either my story is true (they probably can check the web logs - they can have all my data such as IP address, booking reference number etc - so they can check) or at worst it obviously was an honest mistake.

I probably should have called after the first try to see whether the reservation had come through but the call center lady was absolutely not in the mood to show any leniency. Now I am a very frequent flyer on that route, so I could to change to a suitable later date for free because of the Platinum membership - but I don't think this type of behavior towards their more frequent flyers fits too well in their customer retention program. Oh - and I remained very friendly until and including the end of the conversation with the call center lady - I knew I had a way out.
Exactly the same thing happened to me last September. I got the same response, though the change fee was a little less but not much. I called as soon as I notice the 2 emails in my inbox, approx 5 mins after completing the second booking. At the time (and still am) I was a Gold. I asked how often a customer books 2 identical tickets intentionally just for themselves and that surely logic would say that there must have been some sort of problem for it to happen - no response!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Once actually I had two tickets booked for myself on PRG-ZDN route, on purpose as I wanted to get double miles and extra seat on the bus... sadly I got credit just for 1 seat and they did not give 2nd sandwich either... (it was when they had that 10 000 promo running back in 2006 I guess)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.