Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out of My Car Type?-Enterprise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Out of My Car Type?-Enterprise

Went to pick up my car and was surprise to not have my car type. They upgraded me to a SUV since that is the only vehicle they had left on the lot. I don't care for a SUV, I hate them. Do I have a right to call the location tomorrow to see if they have any returns and exchange vehicles?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by ilkhats44
Went to pick up my car and was surprise to not have my car type. They upgraded me to a SUV since that is the only vehicle they had left on the lot. I don't care for a SUV, I hate them. Do I have a right to call the location tomorrow to see if they have any returns and exchange vehicles?
This happens all the time with Enterprise and nearly every other car rental company on the planet.

If you have a multiple-day rental, you can definitely call them back and ask for an exchange. The worse thing that will happen is that they tell you no.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
The problem with Enterprise, or at least this is what they told me, is that any vehicle above a fullsize isn't insured to be driven by anyone under 25. So while every other rental company will just bite their upper lip and upgrade me, Enterprise will show me the door. This actually happened once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.