Search

$10/weekend day for Alamo 1/8/09-5/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:15 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
$10/weekend day for Alamo 1/8/09-5/31/09

Valid on weekend rentals of Economy through Premium cars, just made a reservation in Vegas for a Premium for three days, $48.50 total, can't beat that.

Link to Offer

Terms & Conditions:

Valid at participating US locations from 1/8/09 through 5/31/09 for rentals of an economy through premium size cars. 24-hour advance reservation required. Minimum one day/maximum four day rental required. Non-participating locations include, but are not limited to Denver, Aspen and the New York Metro area. Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotional rates. Availability is limited and blackout dates may apply. Weekend rate available 9:00 AM Thursday; vehicle must be returned by pick up time on Monday or higher daily rates apply. Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay. Taxes, other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges, vehicle license recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees (of up to US $4.50 per day or US $15 per rental), fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as CDW Waiver Savers® up to $29.99 per day) are extra. Check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Concession recoupment fees of up to 12% may be added to the rental rate at some on-airport locations. Up to 11.11% may be added to the rental rate if you rent at an off-airport location and exit on our shuttle bus. Other surcharges and recoupment fees may apply. Renter must meet standard age, drive and credit requirements. Rates may be higher for drivers under age 25.

Last edited by Beckles; Dec 30, 2008 at 2:22 pm
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:55 pm

I just saw this deal today. It's going to save me a boatload of money at MDW, which seems to consistently have insanely high rental care rates. I just wish I could also get the quadruple Rapid Rewards promotion for this rental. That would be really sweet.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:28 am

Thanks for the heads up! Just booked a res in FLL for February. $30 for 3 days...$25 in taxes. But a deal is a deal.

Strange though that it was only offered for Economy through Full Size. No Premiums. Premiums are still offered as available when the rate code is removed.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Thank you, Beckles. Incredible deal. Just rebooked my car rental for a four-day trip to HNL in a few weeks. I went from a compact car for $125.88 all-in to a full-size for $57.45 all-in.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:34 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Thank you, Beckles. Incredible deal. Just rebooked my car rental for a four-day trip to HNL in a few weeks. I went from a compact car for $125.88 all-in to a full-size for $57.45 all-in.
Sounds like you owe me a drink
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
Thanks OP. Booked me 3 days in FLL. [still looking for a deal for the 4th day]
Old Jan 1, 2009, 1:27 pm
bcx

Guess demand in LAS is high the weekend I'm going because I'm not getting that rate.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Thanks indeed to OP. Also booked FLL for 2 days over a weekend. This especially comes in handy with Priceline not giving very good rates of late in that city.

(BTW, last time I was in FLL I had a single-day Priceline booking. Used the self-serve kiosk at Alamo because the line was long. Had to manually enter my driver's license, but other than that it got everything right, making it my first successful use of one of those machines for a PL booking).
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:55 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by bcx
Guess demand in LAS is high the weekend I'm going because I'm not getting that rate.
NYE partiers this weekend followed by CES next weekend will drive LAS prices up! As I am on vacation and not actively checking my rental sites, thanks Beckles for finding/posting this!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
HUGE thanks to the OP, got a cheap car for memorial day weekend!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 3:47 pm

Cool

Just booked 2 days in February at LAX. Great deal!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:08 am

Great deal indeed! Just re-booked an upcoming rental in ANC - saved a bunch of money and got a bigger car! Too bad Alamo doesn't have an office at my local airport...
Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by bcx
Seems like the $10 rate is available at LAS most weekends in Jan except for the MLK weekend. Even found the $10 rate for Super Bowl weekend in LAS, so I was able to refare my car rental reservation.

Thanks OP.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: Emerald Executive, Hyatt Platinum
Tried to book the $10 rate today after it worked yesterday and no such luck! What a bummer! Was looking at a great rate for LAS for the first week of March. Does anyone think that Alamo just puts up the rates on certain days and takes them down on others?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: Emerald Executive, Hyatt Platinum
Tried to book again by refreshing the reservation a couple of times and the $10/day popped up! Booked a premium for $45 total. Awesome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.