Ace Rent-a-Car

Old Dec 18, 08, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Ace Rent-a-Car

Anyone use them? While searching for a decent price on a rental car at LAX and being floored by how much the rates have jumped since just a few months ago, I found about a 40% saving at Ace for a perfectly civilized car.

Could it be too good to be true?
Old Jan 27, 11, 4:53 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone has a recent experience.

Looking for a car in CUN and they are dirt cheap at ACE.
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:56 am

Bumping to check on recent experiences with ACE since I have a reservation at YUL (Montreal) at a price far lower than the competition. Anyone use ACE lately?
Old Jun 11, 11, 1:01 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I used them in CUN in February. They were so dirt cheap: <$10 per day. I booked through Orbitz I think.

When I got there I had to ask around for where their shuttle was, but wasn't a big deal.
When I got to check-in counter, they made me pay $11/day for insurance, saying that it was mandatory. I thought it was a scam, but they absolutely insisted saying that it was against Mexican law. Since this was only a two-day rental, and it was still less then $50 all-in, I let it slide.
No idea if this is a Mexico thing or what.

Anyways, the car was in acceptable condition - no issues. Returning the car took almost 30 minutes, but was fine.

Basically I got what I paid for.

Search this Thread