Alamo - coupon error on existing reservation

Old Feb 8, 15, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Alamo - coupon error on existing reservation

I just logged into Alamo to do online check-in for a rental this week.

The reservation shows up in my upcoming reservations.

But, when I try to do anything with it: View/Modify Check-in I get an error message: "We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location."

I don't even think I have a coupon linked to this reservation. I looked at my initial confirmation email and I am not finding a mention of a coupon. All I know is it is a $200 reservation and when I reprice with them or others it is well over $900!

I'm nervous since I can't access the reservation I'm going to have issues when I pick up. Any insight from anyone?
Old Feb 8, 15, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Now I just checked a completely different reservation for this month. This one allows me to get to the modify screen....but then I get this error message: This customer cannot be used with an AI Reservation

Just a glitch system this morning????

Guess I will be on the phone today!
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
Now I just checked a completely different reservation for this month. This one allows me to get to the modify screen....but then I get this error message: This customer cannot be used with an AI Reservation

AI reservation? wonder what that means

did you use a specific 'mainstream/anybody can use with ID type' of corporate ID & coupon when you booked?
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:33 am

As much as I love Alamo...

Originally Posted by mdurette View Post

for their NOT charging a DEPOSIT, their often low rates, and their kiosks which actually work, their website rates a D+ and I can't tell you how many times I've screamed at a poor customer service rep who gets the brunt of my frustration. Whenever I call, they "fix" those red error messages, but it's a pain having to deal with website issues on that level.

So I'm in a love-hate relationship with em, which is a far cry from a hate, hate relationship with most other car rental agencies...

Search this Thread