FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Alamo - coupon error on existing reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1653195-alamo-coupon-error-existing-reservation.html)

mdurette Feb 8, 2015 4:26 am

Alamo - coupon error on existing reservation

I just logged into Alamo to do online check-in for a rental this week.

The reservation shows up in my upcoming reservations.

But, when I try to do anything with it: View/Modify Check-in I get an error message: "We’re sorry, but this Coupon is no longer available at this location."

I don't even think I have a coupon linked to this reservation. I looked at my initial confirmation email and I am not finding a mention of a coupon. All I know is it is a $200 reservation and when I reprice with them or others it is well over $900!

I'm nervous since I can't access the reservation I'm going to have issues when I pick up. Any insight from anyone?

mdurette Feb 8, 2015 4:32 am

Now I just checked a completely different reservation for this month. This one allows me to get to the modify screen....but then I get this error message: This customer cannot be used with an AI Reservation

Just a glitch system this morning????

Guess I will be on the phone today!

keishashadow Feb 8, 2015 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mdurette (Post 24311967)
Now I just checked a completely different reservation for this month. This one allows me to get to the modify screen....but then I get this error message: This customer cannot be used with an AI Reservation

AI reservation? wonder what that means:confused:

did you use a specific 'mainstream/anybody can use with ID type' of corporate ID & coupon when you booked?

randix Feb 8, 2015 10:33 am

As much as I love Alamo...

Originally Posted by mdurette (Post 24311967)

for their NOT charging a DEPOSIT, their often low rates, and their kiosks which actually work, their website rates a D+ and I can't tell you how many times I've screamed at a poor customer service rep who gets the brunt of my frustration. Whenever I call, they "fix" those red error messages, but it's a pain having to deal with website issues on that level.

So I'm in a love-hate relationship with em, which is a far cry from a hate, hate relationship with most other car rental agencies... :(