Wiki Posts
Search

Enterprise - Fleet age requirements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, National EC, Choice Hotels, Priority Club
Enterprise - Fleet age requirements

I had a rental out of an Enterprise neighborhood location this week. It was a base-model 2014 Murano that was comfortable and pretty peppy, if not luxuriously equipped.

I got a call from the location asking me to bring the car back because it had "hit its mileage limit," and was therefore marked sold and had to be taken out of the fleet. I turned it over 26,000 miles and that seems to have been the trigger point.

I hope this bodes well for Enterprise, as I have not rented from them in a while and they have never been stellar at maintaining their higher-mileage cars. (To their credit, there was nothing wrong at all with the Murano, and they put me in a Ford Edge Limited with the 2.0T, lower miles, with better fuel economy and heated leather seats. )

Has anyone else had this experience? Maybe we can crowd-source the mileage limits that cause them to age out. It would save other FT'ers the hassle of getting a vehicle when they know ERAC will require them to exchange it.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Call me skeptical but "hit its mileage limit" probably actually means that someone wants to buy it.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by CMK10
Call me skeptical but "hit its mileage limit" probably actually means that someone wants to buy it.
Sounds right to me.

How would Enterprise have known that you hit 26,000? Do you think they can remotely monitor the mileage on the vehicle? I mean, I'm sure that technology exists, but it seems unlikely to me that they'd knowingly rent a vehicle that close to the "limit" if they were just going to call it back right away.

I've had Enterprise cars in the 30,000+ range plenty of times. Generally they are still less than two years old, and if they are in otherwise good condition, it doesn't bother me in the least.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:12 pm

I've gotten a car with over 30,000 miles and returned it with 34,000 miles. I wondered if I was the last renter.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I rented a Cadillac XTS last week from Enterprise. It had over 36,000 miles on it. The agent made me promise not to bring it back late since she had 2 future reservations for it.

Even with 36,000 miles, it was stil like driving a big fluffy cloud. Would it have had a longer mileage limit than the Murano?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Rent frequently from Enterprise. Based on my experience, new/low mileage vehicles appear at airports. Once they become "high" mileage, they are shipped out to local branches. Picked up a Rogue before with 55k miles at local branch.

From what I heard, the car sales division will sell the car once it is about 2 years old. They keep renting the car unless a buyer requests to purchase it (they will then pull the car out of the fleet) I do not believe there is a mileage limit. Stopped by an Enterprise car sales a while ago to check out some cars and they had a 300C with 18k miles for sale.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:09 pm

Considering I have an absolutely trashed Altima with 66k miles for the last two weeks with a check engine light from Enterprise, I doubt it was over any limit at 26k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.