Alamo Scam @ LAX

Old Sep 1, 14, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin FC
Alamo Scam @ LAX

Hi All,

Just a heads up, I booked a fully pre-paid Full size SUV through Holiday Autos including all CDW etc, full tank of gas etc to be collected from Alamo @ LAX

Finally got to the rental counter off LAX campus and the queues were horrific so I used the self service screens.

All ok, printed off the rental agreement and it states to pick any car and away you go.

So, browsing through the selection of Tahoe's, Yukon's & Expeditions, I settle for a silver Tahoe ( all of the others were white, not my preference ).
Unfortunately the keys weren't in the vehicle but it was open and ready to go.
I head for the key desk and was told that if I wanted that particular vehicle which happened to be a MY15, I had to pay an additional $649

I didn't accept this as their T&C's state pick any car and doesn't say that if I choose a MY15 vehicle, any additional payments were required.

I asked to speak to the supervisor who just said the same thing, I needed to pay additional $$ and declined to offer her name.

Feeling rather irate, I headed back outdoors to the key desk and found a different Alamo staffer who simply handed me the keys to the first available vehicle ( which happened to be a MY15 Tahoe LTZ ) so I can only presume that because I pre-paid, certain Alamo staff are trying on this scam with out-of-towners.

Afterwards I should have asked the original person to confirm this on video as they didn't want to be named.

So, beware, as I've never heard of this before.

Cheers

Tim
Old Sep 9, 14, 5:28 pm

I have never heard this one before. Charging $600+!! for a newer model year. I'd be pissed,too.

Search this Thread