FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Can you access your Alamo reservation? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1605165-can-you-access-your-alamo-reservation.html)

david55 Aug 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Can you access your Alamo reservation?

Or is it just me? I keep getting a message that says:

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical issues with this reservation attempt. Please call 1 (877) 222-9075.

tatterdema Aug 24, 2014 5:08 am

Not you. I have not been able to access any of my reservations for days.

david55 Aug 24, 2014 6:02 am

3 days later still unable to access my reservation.

This is my first rental w/ Alamo. So far I am unimpressed with the pre-rental stuff and I hope this doesn't foretell the quality of service and cars when I actually do pick up the rental.

randix Aug 24, 2014 11:20 am

I'm sure you have, but...

Originally Posted by david4455 (Post 23414680)
3 days later still unable to access my reservation.

...have you tried accessing it using a different browser? Alamo's website does have issues, but you should definitely try a different browser, just in case. I have encountered difficulty accessing other car rental sites using Chrome, but for some reason they work just fine using Firefox... fyi and fwiw...

I have expressed my unhappiness on a number of occasions with Alamo's website with customer reps, and honestly, it seems to fall on deaf ears. I have zero confidence my comments are passed along.

On the positive side, every rental I do have with Alamo, has been great, from the kiosk, to the no charge deposit policy, to the cars, to the pricing. It's just the booking hassle on their website, I find, getting the dreaded red notice that coupons are expired when they haven't, etc.

tatterdema Aug 25, 2014 3:21 am

I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox. None of them work for retrieving my reservations. I can see them, but cannot modify or cancel. There is also one that is missing.

I do agree with you about the cars, and picking up, for the most part, is fine.

hawaiian4 Aug 25, 2014 8:14 am

Originally Posted by david4455 (Post 23408432)
Or is it just me? I keep getting a message that says:

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we are experiencing technical issues with this reservation attempt. Please call 1 (877) 222-9075.

Yes the same thing I was trying to check in on line for 3days.:td:

Oneonta Aug 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Well after two weeks I finally got to check in. The yellow link for check in was dead. So I copied the res. number. I was already logged in of course. I went to the bottom of the page, in a column on the left I clicked on online check in. A page appeared with my name and a space for the res. number. pasted and entered it and the check in page opened. And it worked. Hurrah!!!

tatterdema Aug 28, 2014 3:10 am

Yeah, thanks. I was finally able to access and change one of my reservations tonight also. Lets see how long it lasts... :p

david55 Aug 28, 2014 8:00 am

I finally gave up and canceled. I went with Hertz that had a similar rate and allowed me to access my reservation on the first try. :rolleyes: