FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Europcar LAX Experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1603304-europcar-lax-experience.html)

NZ_Flyer Aug 15, 14 11:56 pm

Europcar LAX Experience

Anyone have any experiences of Europcar at LAX?

Booked a full size (Chevy Impala or similar) for 10 days for just under USD$300 and apparently I need to go to Advantage as they run Europcar LAX. Extremely cheap and it makes me dubious...

TWA884 Aug 16, 14 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer (Post 23372138)

Yelp has quite a few reviews.

NZ_Flyer Aug 18, 14 1:16 am

Thanks. Found those in a Google search but no mention of people using the Europcar service through Advantage. Would there be a separate Europcar counter within the Advantage lot or do Advantage handle the whole thing on behalf of Europcar?

TWA884 Aug 18, 14 11:25 am

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer (Post 23380728)
Thanks. Found those in a Google search but no mention of people using the Europcar service through Advantage. Would there be a separate Europcar counter within the Advantage lot or do Advantage handle the whole thing on behalf of Europcar?

I'm 99% certain that Advantage handles the entire rental process. I've never seen any Europcar sign, let alone a counter, in the Los Angeles area.

LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Address:
PLEASE GO TO THE ADVANTAGE COUNTER
1030 W MANCHESTER BLVD
90301 LOS ANGELES

Auto Enthusiast Aug 18, 14 3:03 pm

I thought Europcar was related to National?

northy989 Aug 20, 14 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer (Post 23372138)

Booked a full size (Chevy Impala or similar) for 10 days for just under USD$300 and apparently I need to go to Advantage as they run Europcar LAX. Extremely cheap and it makes me dubious...

$300 is the same price I see on Advantage's website for a 10 day rental on random dates (September 7 through 17). To me $300 doesn't stand out as "extremely cheap", certainly wouldn't make me dubious. Thrifty is offering a full size for $247 during the same rental period. While I wouldn't choose Thrifty if Hertz or National were the same price, I've rented with them in the past, and they are fine. They're sometimes a little pushy with the ad-ons, like rental insurance, but generally fine. And for a savings of $50 (or $100 over Dollar and Budget) I would rent with Thrifty.

NZ_Flyer Aug 22, 14 5:03 pm

I saw the Thrifty rate but it got to USD$300 by the time they added taxes onto the quote and that was excluding any insurance. Incidentally Europcar also advised that despite my booking including LDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance I would have no insurance cover. So I cancelled the reservation and booked a IFAR (small SUV) with Sixt for USD$316 including $0 LDW and Supplemental Liability Insurance.

Thanks for your help.

das_ubersoldat Sep 14, 14 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 23384154)
I thought Europcar was related to National?

That's true for Europe.