Good experience @ Enterprise so far...

Old Aug 6, 14, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Good experience @ Enterprise so far...

Hey all, just wanted to share my recent experiences with a local (non-airport) Enterprise location I will been renting at frequently for work.

I'll be renting on a weekly basis from here on out and my reservations are made on a national business account. I have noticed excellent service both times I have rented so far, with reps going out of there way to thank me for my business and to ensure I have a good experience. Very very good from that perspective.

First rental:
Mid-size
Given a Nissan Rogue SUV with higher miles (29K), smelled funny, and had dog hair all over the back. Cool that they gave me a SUV; however, would have liked it clean. Oh well.

Second rental:
Mid-size
Given a brand new 2015 loaded out Tahoe LT. Man, I *loved* that vehicle. Only issue is it was a major gas hog (used 13 gallons on my 200mile roundtrip). If it weren't for that, I'd ask for it every time.

So far, I think I've had very good luck. Even dog hairy SUV is a bit of an upgrade over a mid-size I think. Maybe I'll try my luck and see if they can give me something sporty today when I rent. More to come
Old Aug 6, 14, 9:17 pm

Yea, but...

were they wearing white shirts, black pants, and carrying a clipboard, did their checkout of the car take more than an hour, and did they carry a particular European accent?

Originally Posted by moze View Post
Hey all, just wanted to share my recent experiences with a local (non-airport) Enterprise location I will been renting at frequently for work.

I'll be renting on a weekly basis from here on out and my reservations are made on a national business account. I have noticed excellent service both times I have rented so far, with reps going out of there way to thank me for my business and to ensure I have a good experience. Very very good from that perspective.

First rental:
Mid-size
Given a Nissan Rogue SUV with higher miles (29K), smelled funny, and had dog hair all over the back. Cool that they gave me a SUV; however, would have liked it clean. Oh well.

Second rental:
Mid-size
Given a brand new 2015 loaded out Tahoe LT. Man, I *loved* that vehicle. Only issue is it was a major gas hog (used 13 gallons on my 200mile roundtrip). If it weren't for that, I'd ask for it every time.

So far, I think I've had very good luck. Even dog hairy SUV is a bit of an upgrade over a mid-size I think. Maybe I'll try my luck and see if they can give me something sporty today when I rent. More to come
Old Aug 13, 14, 11:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
IME each Enterprise location varies based on the manager. The employee turnover there is so frequent, it takes a good manager to train newcomers how to recognize and show appreciation for frequent customers.

If you get a new manager who thinks his/her business is going to revolve primarily around insurance/replacement rentals, then they quickly forget about acknowledging the high volume customers. So, enjoy the good vibes while they last.
Old Aug 28, 14, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
I agree that it is based on the manager. Fortunately, they seem to recognize their high volume customer and try to accommodate requests. That being said, I don't expect a Tahoe with a midsize rental every week, but I think they try to honor specific requests like having a car equipped with bluetooth. This usually equates to a decently equipped car.

Here are my experiences so far for mid-size (corporate) rentals:
- Nissan Rogue SUV (2x)
- Chevy Tahoe LT
- Chevy Malibu LTZ
- Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
- Hyundai Tucson
- Chevy Equinox
- Dodge Avenger
- Dodge Durango Limited

Favorites: Durango and Tahoe
Least Favorites: Rogue and Avenger

Great experience so far, big thumbs up.