Enterprise rental in France - CDW

Old Jul 31, 14, 4:44 pm
RJ1
Original Poster

Enterprise rental in France - CDW

I am contemplating a rental with Enterprise in France. When booking online, I am seeing the following message:

Damage Waiver is not included and must be taken unless alternative coverage can be verified at time of rental.

I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, which has primary CDW coverage.

Will simply having the card be sufficient, or will additional documentation be required in order to avoid Enterprise from charging me for CDW?
Old Aug 6, 14, 12:04 am

FYI: secondary coverage is just as good as primary.

I would print out the terms from the Chase website and have them ready to show. If you take the enterprise CDW you will get less coverage and double your rental charge.
Old Sep 7, 14, 8:12 am
RJ1
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RJ1 View Post
I am contemplating a rental with Enterprise in France. When booking online, I am seeing the following message:

Damage Waiver is not included and must be taken unless alternative coverage can be verified at time of rental.

I have a Chase Sapphire Preferred, which has primary CDW coverage.

Will simply having the card be sufficient, or will additional documentation be required in order to avoid Enterprise from charging me for CDW?
I am back from my trip and can report that at the location I rented from (Paris Gare du Nord), all I had to do was tell them I was using the CDW on my card. Didn't have to provide any other documentation, though I did have a coverage letter that Chase had provided to me just in case.

Search this Thread