FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Alamo rental through "Discount Hawaii Car Rentals" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1587810-alamo-rental-through-discount-hawaii-car-rentals.html)

Jhensley1607 Jun 23, 2014 11:42 am

Alamo rental through "Discount Hawaii Car Rentals"

Hello,
Heading to Maui in July, and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this company. I have had an SUV booked through National for months, but was thinking it would be neat to have a Wrangler. I booked one through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals, and notice it's actually a service that takes care of all the booking, and the car is to be picked up at the Alamo in OGG. Price is really good ($850 including taxes for 12 days). Anything I should watch out for?

PilgrimsProgress Jun 23, 2014 11:44 am

We used them in Oahu last year for a one-week rental. No problems and excellent customer service.

Nehawk Jun 23, 2014 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Jhensley1607 (Post 23082503)
Hello,
Heading to Maui in July, and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this company. I have had an SUV booked through National for months, but was thinking it would be neat to have a Wrangler. I booked one through Discount Hawaii Car Rentals, and notice it's actually a service that takes care of all the booking, and the car is to be picked up at the Alamo in OGG. Price is really good ($850 including taxes for 12 days). Anything I should watch out for?

I used this service for an Alamo booking at HNL last month. Booked a Mustang Convertible for 4-days for just around $240. Worked great and had no issues!

gs-flyer Jun 23, 2014 5:22 pm

If you're a Costco member the Costco travel site has some great deals.

Not knowing your travel dates, I plugged in July 1 to July 12 and got the following under Intermediate Specialty under Alamo for Maui (OGG):

Wrangler S 2 dr or similar, automatic, unlimited mileage, additional driver included.

$375.33 + $160.95 in taxes and fees for $536.28.

You might want to check it out, using your travel dates.

Doc Savage Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Ouch, sounds pretty expensive, OP....

Jhensley1607 Jun 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone. Gs-flyer, rate is competitive from what I can find, especially to lock in a large Jeep.

onthego15 Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

I have used Discount Hawaii Car Rentals on two of my trips to Hawaii, got good rates and had no problems.

Finkface Jun 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Same here, used them twice, no problems.