Enterprise Damage Claim

Old Jun 23, 14, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Enterprise Damage Claim

I recently rented from Enterprise in Pennsylvania. We picked the car up at midnight and there was no one there to check the car with us. Consequently, we just took the car and left. When we returned it the agent went over it with a fine toothed comb. She said we damaged the bumper and the windshield. We are confident we hit nothing during our trip. Since they did not check the car with us at the onset of the rental, should we be responsible for damages they can't prove weren't there when we picked up the car?

Has anyone had success refuting these claims?
Old Jun 23, 14, 12:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I'm assuming you didn't take pictures or a video overview of the car before you picked it up?
Old Jun 23, 14, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
You say they did not check the car, by which I assume you mean physically walk to the car with you and inspect it. But does your rental agreement indicate any damage on the vehicle? If so, that's your defense. If not, well, you're probably out of luck and a bit wiser for next time. You may want to check with your credit card company and your own car insurance company for what/how they'll help you out with the bill.
Old Jun 23, 14, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
How severe are the damages?
If they are smaller than a "golf ball", you can state that these small damages were not noted by the agent. This often happens for many of my Enterprise rentals since the agents classify this as wear and tear

Search this Thread