Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Getting collection calls after not getting information needed to process claim

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Hey all, long time lurker and first time poster here.

Just over a year ago, I had a situation with a car rental that got into an accident - my name was on the rental. After getting contacted by their claims department, I responded by asking for all the information I needed to process the claim for my employers credit card insurance (which provided accident coverage). I sent multiple follow up emails (which I still have) and called and left voicemails dozens of times (which I'm guessing is too long ago to prove on my phone) to the person handling the claim, every time he did not pick up. I've also spoken to a few other people who said that he is the only one who can process the claim. I also emailed a separate email address from the car rental companies website, and received a response that they needed more information from me to get the information I needed from them. I gave them the information they needed and again, after multiple follow up emails, no response. I thought that it was ridiculous that I was the one trying to contact them over and over to process the claim, so I decided to move on and wait until they contact me.

Fast forward till now, I'm getting collection calls for the damages, and I no longer work for that employer (who I believe canceled that credit card that had the insurance). For whatever reason, they never charged the credit card on file for the damages. How should I go about approaching this? Thanks for your help in advance. Rental was with National.

Last edited by ogwiz; Jun 3, 2014 at 9:59 am Reason: Added car rental company
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Sounds like a mess, but I would document as much as you can. And you might start by asking the collection agency for the required information.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I realize that it's a pretty unique situation. Do you think I should try contacting Enterprise (the parent company for National that handles the claims) at a higher level?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.