FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Alamo Online Check In (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1580178-alamo-online-check.html)

MF2013 May 26, 2014 8:58 am

Alamo Online Check In

I booked a car through my Chase Sapphire for Alamo at MCO. With the reservation number sent to me I was allowed to check in online, which actually surprised me. I have printed the Check-in Confirmation. Does this mean I can bypass both the counter and the kiosk and go directly to get the car? Then give my credit card, DL and print out of check-in at the booth upon exit? Although Alamo does have my DL information on file (listed on check-in page), there is no CC information on file. The car is prepaid so no money due. I just didn't know if handing a CC at the booth was enough or if I would have to go to the counter?
We are Alamo Insider Members but with the third party reservation I was not allowed to enter that information so the attendant at the booth will not know that. Thanks.

tatterdema May 26, 2014 12:54 pm

It should say right on your confirmation that you printed, if you can go directly to your car. On mine, the instructions were pretty explicit.

MF2013 May 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema (Post 22927566)
It should say right on your confirmation that you printed, if you can go directly to your car. On mine, the instructions were pretty explicit.

Thanks, didn't notice it had instructions on it. Unfortunately it says to proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain the rental agreement and vehicle keys. So apparently I will not be able to bypass the counter. So allowing on-line check is of little value to me in this situation. Possibly I could still use the kiosk?

Yellowjj May 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by MF2013 (Post 22927951)
Thanks, didn't notice it had instructions on it. Unfortunately it says to proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain the rental agreement and vehicle keys. So apparently I will not be able to bypass the counter. So allowing on-line check is of little value to me in this situation. Possibly I could still use the kiosk?

From the sound of it, you booked via chase site and not directly from alamo's site? You should be able to enter your reservation # and complete the steps for a bypass though. It's a slightly longer process but it can be done. If you are a Insider with a card on file, you will still need to enter that info again unfortunately. I believe they need your card information to do a test charge and verify the card, before the bypass option appears. Regardless if you prepaid or not. Since the reservation was not directly booked through their site.

tatterdema May 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Kiosk depends on location also. Have no idea with MCO, but I know ONT SAYS they have a kiosk, and in fact there is a lonely kiosk over in the corner, that has never worked as long as I have been flying there. It keeps getting moved around, but never seems to work. Fortunately I have never run into any lines there.

Some of the smaller locations do not keep the keys in the car, they keep them at the counter, so stopping there is a must.

MF2013 May 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj (Post 22933288)
From the sound of it, you booked via chase site and not directly from alamo's site? You should be able to enter your reservation # and complete the steps for a bypass though. It's a slightly longer process but it can be done. If you are a Insider with a card on file, you will still need to enter that info again unfortunately. I believe they need your card information to do a test charge and verify the card, before the bypass option appears. Regardless if you prepaid or not. Since the reservation was not directly booked through their site.

Yes I booked directly through the Chase Sapphire site not with Alamo. I am glad to hear that I should be able to use the kiosk even if the process takes a bit longer. We do have an Insider card so I will be sure to have that information handy while at the kiosk. Thanks for your insight and reply, it is very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by tatterdema (Post 22934404)
Kiosk depends on location also. Have no idea with MCO, but I know ONT SAYS they have a kiosk, and in fact there is a lonely kiosk over in the corner, that has never worked as long as I have been flying there. It keeps getting moved around, but never seems to work. Fortunately I have never run into any lines there.

Some of the smaller locations do not keep the keys in the car, they keep them at the counter, so stopping there is a must.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure that MCO has a kiosk as I am nearly certain we have used it in the past.

This is my first time renting through a 3rd party like this, but the rate was better than anything else I could find by more than $100. Hopefully it will be enough to justify any hoops I may have to jump through. I really just don't want to standing a long counter line.

Thanks again to both of you!!