1st time with Alamo - any tips?

Old May 13, 14, 7:39 am
Original Poster

1st time with Alamo - any tips?

Fairly new to renting a car in general and I'm about to be a first time renter with Alamo. Is there anything I need to watch out for or be aware of with Alamo?
Old May 13, 14, 11:00 am

Actually, a positive...

Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
Fairly new to renting a car in general and I'm about to be a first time renter with Alamo. Is there anything I need to watch out for or be aware of with Alamo?
Enjoy not being charged a deposit in addition to the cost of the actual rental!
Old May 14, 14, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
If you've booked directly from the Alamo website, you can checkin online by providing all your information ahead of time. That way you can skip the lines and go directly to your vehicle class, pick your car and then drive straight to the exit. Of course this will depend if your pickup location has that feature. Some locations also have self-serve kiosks so that can also speed things up.
Old May 30, 14, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, CX/Marco Polo Gold
alamo

Alamo at the New Orleans airport was great, no line, and they let me go pick any of the class of car I rented. I got a brand new VW Jetta. It had 800 miles on the odometer.

To top it off I drive to MIA overnight and the receiving staffer was impressed with my 1000 miles driven in less than one day.

Thank god for unlimited mileage!

Search this Thread