Wiki Posts
Search

Muscle/sports cars and out of state drop offs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Muscle/sports cars and out of state drop offs

Hi FlyerTalk
I'm a first time poster and am looking for some advice please...

For a trip to America I'm taking in June I'm looking at hiring a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger type car and want to take it from San Francisco to Las Vegas. The problem is that most vendors that offer this type of car won't allow it to be driven over state lines. I know Alamo - who I have a booking with at the moment - may well offer to upgrade me on the day from my pre-booked Chrysler 200 (!) but I was hoping to get something a bit more guaranteed. This will be my honeymoon and so will only get the one shot!

Has anyone ever succeeded in getting a car of that breed that can be dropped off in a separate state than its rented from? The closest I got was calling Hertz and trying to change my drop off point after making a web booking but that didn't work either.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:47 am

All except discount brands will allow the car to be driven over state lines. However, many will not allow one-ways with those types of cars, because sports cars and exotic cars are often leased and hence assigned to a specific location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.