Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo Discover CashBack travel certificates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Alamo Discover CashBack travel certificates

This question is in regard to using $20 of Discover CashBack cash to "purchase" a $40 Alamo travel certificate.

Does anyone know if it is possible to stack multiple $40 travel certificates onto a single reservation?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

No one has ever tried this?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

It works.

I could not add multiple Discover Alamo certificates online, but I was able to call and have 2 $40 certs applied to a 2 day rental (~42/day) and my final total was $25 (~$2/day + taxes).

I'm not sure if/how 2 $40 certs would work on a one day $80+/day rental.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Good to know that multiple certs can be stacked.

However, I find them a very poor value since they cannot be used to pay the tax portion and frequently one can use freely available coupons that will also reduce the rental rate.

If they could be applied against the tax or similar to Hertz points, reduce the variable percentage based tax portions completely, it would be a really great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.