Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Alamo program

I recently signed up for Alamo's reward program but it doesn;t seem like they gave me a member number or if there's any incentive to bypass the counter straight to the car like with hertz or dollar. Can anyone confirm? Seems like their insider program is pretty useless?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by hqly2001
I recently signed up for Alamo's reward program but it doesn;t seem like they gave me a member number or if there's any incentive to bypass the counter straight to the car like with hertz or dollar. Can anyone confirm? Seems like their insider program is pretty useless?
Not at all useless. Depending upon how you made your reservation, you should be able to check in online, print your paperwork at home, and go directly to your car. If you cannot do that, you can use a kiosk, depending upon location. No kiosk, they have a line for their reward program members. Worst case, and only occasionally I have found a separate line, but still only 1 person working, who does not acknowledge the premium line.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:39 am
Original Poster

I actually tried online checkin. Looks like i just go find my minivan. Will i be assigned a car or will someone guide me to the minivan isle and let me pick?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: HH Silver
I actually tried online checkin. Looks like i just go find my minivan. Will i be assigned a car or will someone guide me to the minivan isle and let me pick?
Depends upon the rental location. You should be able to look up the location, and it will say if it participates in online check in. If it does, you just go jump in any vehicle in your assigned class, and take your paperwork to the exit gate.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
You just go to the aisle. They always have someone posted outside who can send you in the right direction if needed.

Assigned car benefits at most places don't matter as much at Alamo as you pick your car from the aisle anyways. I always just use the kiosk, almost never a line and you don't get the person pushing you to get insurance (the kiosk asks, but doesn't add individual pressure).

Being an Insider also speeds up the process at the kiosk I believe.

The main benefit to Insider is that they provide extra discounts that aren't offered by default (I've often used the Insider discounts options to get a great deal).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.