Alamo not accepting coupons?

Old Mar 31, 14, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Alamo not accepting coupons?

Is anyone else having trouble getting Alamo's website to accept coupons? I cannot get a single coupon to work for any of my trips, no matter the destination or date. The error message I am getting is "Coupon quantity exceeded". Does anyone have any suggestions? I have even tried using them on third party sites with no luck.
Old Mar 31, 14, 5:05 pm

I'm sure someone will comment directly on your question; but I only have a parallel suggestion. Firstly, if you go thru costcotravel.com , you'll get your coupon deal. Secondly, I snatched fantastic rate on hotwire last month - and the mystery co. turned out to be Alamo. My rate was half of what they offered on Alamo.com, even with best of coupons
Old Mar 31, 14, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
I'm sure someone will comment directly on your question; but I only have a parallel suggestion. Firstly, if you go thru costcotravel.com , you'll get your coupon deal. Secondly, I snatched fantastic rate on hotwire last month - and the mystery co. turned out to be Alamo. My rate was half of what they offered on Alamo.com, even with best of coupons
Thanks, but it is not a Costco coupon I am trying to use. Costco only has 1 coupon at the moment, and it is only for a convertible, mini van, or suv. I refuse to use hotwire, or any other prepay for a car rental.

Website is STILL not accepting them either. This is the 4th day I have been trying. None of the 3rd party sites are accepting either still. Weird.

Last edited by tatterdema; Mar 31, 14 at 10:56 pm
Old Apr 2, 14, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Alamo is still not accepting coupons on their website as of this morning....
Old Apr 2, 14, 8:31 pm

not sure your statement that Costco site uses coupon limited to certain classes is accurate
Old Apr 3, 14, 12:47 am
Original Poster

not sure your statement that Costco site uses coupon limited to certain classes is accurate
Please be helpful and show me different then!!! I cannot find a single Costco coupon besides the one I mentioned, and even it is not working.
Old Apr 3, 14, 6:07 am

costcotravel.com shows pretty low Alamo total rates for all-classes (it says: 25% off). It doesn't say it uses any additional coupon though - like it does for Avis and Budget. What do you think? (I'm kinda intrigued myself whether an additional coupon can be added by calling Costco)
Old Apr 3, 14, 6:28 am
Original Poster

costcotravel.com shows pretty low Alamo total rates for all-classes (it says: 25% off). It doesn't say it uses any additional coupon though - like it does for Avis and Budget. What do you think? (I'm kinda intrigued myself whether an additional coupon can be added by calling Costco)
Costco travel shows a coupon for UP TO 25% off, + $25 off a convertible, suv, or minivan, as I said above. The coupon code is AD2824NAD, and it does not work. The Costco corp rate code works, like all others, but none of the coupons work.

Also, Costco's rates are UP TO 25% off, not 25% off, which is a huge difference. Most of the time they are 10% off.
Old Apr 3, 14, 6:55 am
Original Poster

(I'm kinda intrigued myself whether an additional coupon can be added by calling Costco)
I doubt calling Costco would help any. None of the coupons are working on any third party sites. Only Alamo itself would be able to override that.
Old Apr 5, 14, 7:37 pm

I'm about to book a 1-day one-way Alamo minivan to pickup this Friday and return Saturday. What was the (Costco) code you mentioned for minivan?
Old Apr 6, 14, 12:20 am
Original Poster

I'm about to book a 1-day one-way Alamo minivan to pickup this Friday and return Saturday. What was the (Costco) code you mentioned for minivan?
AD2824NAD
Old Apr 13, 14, 3:02 am
Original Poster

And the website is finally accepting coupons again.
Old Apr 17, 14, 8:04 am

That coupon seems to only work for US/Canada, tried to quote it for a trip in the caribbean (dominican Rep.) and coupon is not valid.... :-(

Search this Thread