Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo: picking from the wrong lane

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Alamo: picking from the wrong lane

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but in a handful of rentals from Alamo / National (although usually on the blue-n-yellow side of parking lot) I've half wondered the following.

In the past I've seen Alamo distribute, for instance, full size cars in the mid-size aisles (and yes, it's usually an Impala Limited). Are these vehicles flagged by their barcode as having been downgraded to a lower class?

If not, what prevents midsize bookings picking from the full size aisle and claiming it had been parked there?

Thanks for treating the noobie question gently...
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:19 am

I'm also curious about that!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Well, considering that most of the time the price difference between Mid-Size and fullsize is a couple of dollars, they probably don't even care.

Plus, I'm sure if they were really picky the exit booth agent would stop you.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
I would guess that the exit agents know when they have stock issues and move cars around to different aisles, but I've never tested.

I have gotten a Mid-Size SUV when renting mid-size, and a Premium when renting full-size in the past, due to the the aisle that I would otherwise get a car from being empty (and then asking the person stationed in the area), and the exit agent has never said anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.