Claims Adjuster Trick?

Old Mar 20, 14, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Claims Adjuster Trick?

I was reading awhile back about how some people have called car rental locations, claimed to be an insurance adjuster and gotten insanely good rates. I can't find the article though, even after about 15min of Googling. Anyone have it bookmarked?
Old Mar 22, 14, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Never heard of such a thing.

If you actually work for an insurance company, you may have a negotiated rate available to you, no different than any other large organization.
Old Mar 22, 14, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I've heard stories about people putting on a mask and pretending to be a space alien and being comped a suite at a hotel. There's also a pretty good kids movie out about Legos that talk.
Old Mar 24, 14, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've worked in the rental car industry and I've never heard of this. Hell, we didn't even give away AAA discounts without seeing a card first.
Old Mar 25, 14, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL
It's mentioned here:

http://consumerist.com/2007/03/13/9-...ntal-salesman/
Old Mar 31, 14, 8:02 pm

I'm a licensed Independent Insurance Agent in Georgia. Whenever I rent, I always tell them to give me <name of the largest company I represent> contract rate. In return, when my customers have accidents and need a rental car, I send them to the rental locations that have treated me well. It's a win-win situation.

Search this Thread