Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pick Up (Truck) Expectations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Pick Up (Truck) Expectations

Hello!

I found a pretty sweet deal on a Pick Up (as National and Alamo Call it) at SEA for 15 days @ SEA (only $290). They show a RAM 1500 Quad Cab. I was wondering if anyone knows what else might be on the lot? I spoke to a National rep but he said he honestly only knew they had the RAM 1500 Crew Cab (vs Quad on their site). He also said they had the normal seats, not the squeezed small ones.

Anyone have any experiences on this? I honestly just rented this with the illusion of getting a RAM 1500 or a Silverado or something, It's only 2 of us, so I don't really car if its a Full Size Sedan or this.

Thanks!

(Anyone know on the fuel economy on these? It says on the site 25 Highway and 17 city)
Redwood839 is online now Alert a moderator to this post

(Also posted on the National forum, my reservation is with Alamo though)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
I rent pickups when I'm traveling for work. Worst I've gotten is an extended cab 2wd Chevy. Best is a 4wd F150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost. (Had to kick and scream a bit to get that one!). The Dodges are usually the extended cab (shorter rear doors) rather than a true crew cab.

Alamo usually tries to give me a compact instead of a full sized despite the fact I rent full sized. Got stuck with a Tacoma before.

Most full sized PUs will get 16-17 mpg on the highway. Compacts a little higher. F150 EcoBoost averaged 23 for the tank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.