Alamo vs National car classifications

Old Feb 24, 14, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Alamo vs National car classifications

might seem a silly question - I suppose National and Alamo do have the same cars in their categories.

For example, I saw in the ride reports that the Dodge Durango is classified as a Premium Crossover at National, so I would expect the same for Alamo. Or coould it happen that Alamo sees it as a Fullsize SUV?

does anyone know?
Old Feb 24, 14, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by at4behe1 View Post
might seem a silly question - I suppose National and Alamo do have the same cars in their categories.

For example, I saw in the ride reports that the Dodge Durango is classified as a Premium Crossover at National, so I would expect the same for Alamo. Or coould it happen that Alamo sees it as a Fullsize SUV?

does anyone know?
I can't say the same for Alamo, but I know that they use the same classifications for Enterprise as well.

Based on this, https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/cars.html the car classes are very similar

I would say they are very similar. Interesting how the MKZ is a Fullsize elite whereas in Enterprise, it is consider an LCAR.

Best way would be to call and ask.
Old Feb 25, 14, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262 View Post
I can't say the same for Alamo, but I know that they use the same classifications for Enterprise as well.

Based on this, https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/cars.html the car classes are very similar

I would say they are very similar. Interesting how the MKZ is a Fullsize elite whereas in Enterprise, it is consider an LCAR.

Best way would be to call and ask.
Thanks! Yes I realized the MKZ as well. It's even funnier with the MKX, it is defined as "Luxury SUV" more or less together with the Cadillac Escalade, and the MKX is not all comparable to this IMO. At Enterprise it is classified as a "Premium Elite".

Btw, it's interesting that - at least at IAD as it seems - you cannot book all of the crossovers like Traverse, Acadia, etc.
Old Feb 26, 14, 11:32 am

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks! Yes I realized the MKZ as well. It's even funnier with the MKX, it is defined as "Luxury SUV" more or less together with the Cadillac Escalade, and the MKX is not all comparable to this IMO. At Enterprise it is classified as a "Premium Elite".

Btw, it's interesting that - at least at IAD as it seems - you cannot book all of the crossovers like Traverse, Acadia, etc.
They might have those at pickup. In one of my recent rentals, I received a Durango (PGAR) Premium crossover - same class as Traverse/Acadia, but booked using LCAR.
Old Feb 27, 14, 4:50 am
Original Poster

They might have those at pickup. In one of my recent rentals, I received a Durango (PGAR) Premium crossover - same class as Traverse/Acadia, but booked using LCAR.
good to hear :-) I have a FFAR reservation and would not like to get the Durango with this
Old Feb 28, 14, 4:35 pm

good to hear :-) I have a FFAR reservation and would not like to get the Durango with this
PCAR would be a great upgrade! Aim for that and try to get it for free if you can.
Old Mar 3, 14, 2:13 am
Original Poster

PCAR would be a great upgrade! Aim for that and try to get it for free if you can.
Do you mean PCAR or PGAR? My goal will be to get a free upgrade to a PFAR!
Old Mar 7, 14, 12:17 am

Do you mean PCAR or PGAR? My goal will be to get a free upgrade to a PFAR!

Don't know what a PFAR is but, PCAR for me is Premium lol. 300C is a premium at enterprise thankfully!
Old Mar 7, 14, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Don't know what a PFAR is but, PCAR for me is Premium lol. 300C is a premium at enterprise thankfully!
PCAR should be a car like the 300, but I would not accept this when booked for a SUV

PGAR should be "Premium Crossover", like the GMC Acadia or Chevy Traverse, but still, not exactly an SUV

PFAR should be "Premium Fullsize SUV" , Chevy Suburban or GMY Yukon XL - would be nice, I think

or, better still, LFAR "Luxury Fullsize SUV" like Cadillac Esacalade or Lincoln Navigator (the latter having a horrific dashboard imo)

Search this Thread